Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 17th, 2013 11:00

dell mouse MOA8BO - Can't find driver for button/scroll

Sorry. I looked very hard but I couldn't find a mouse forum so I had to post to Printers. Hoping someone can help me.

Desperately looking for the driver for this mouse. It is a wired, dell mouse with 2 side buttons and a scroll wheel. http://www.techexcess.net/images/products/dell/dell-RP962-WS690-WS390.jpg

I'm looking for the driver so that I can configure the side buttons. Also the side scroll on the mouse doesn't work right now. I'm assuming it's because I don't have the driver.

Otherwise right now, once I plug into my laptop (Win Vista, 32-bit), the mouse works fine with the left and right click and vertical scroll. However I'm looking to configure the side buttons and horizontal scroll. Tried very hard to find the driver on Dell website (Drivers/Software) but this mouse isn't even listed. (in fact I'm disappointed they don't have any wired optical mouse listed at all)

Help please! Thank you so very much!

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

January 18th, 2013 04:00

Hi dellberry,

I am so sorry for the inconvenience that you have undergone. Request you to use the below link and download the drivers which will help in fixing the programmable keys:

http://dell.to/U5ZqPb

3 Posts

January 18th, 2013 13:00

Happy to say the download link worked and everything installed perfectly. Thank you Kiran/Dell for your prompt response/action! I'm a happy customer (and my only wish would be that I didn't have to go thru so much trouble/time searching for an answer and needing to post to forum. But I'm thrilled Dell solved my issue. Only wondering why it wasn't available for download on the general website)

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

January 21st, 2013 08:00

Hi dellberry,

It is good to know the issue is fixed. Windows installs all the drivers by default. If the drivers get corrupt/damaged we have to find an alternate driver, which I have provided.

2 Posts

May 23rd, 2013 09:00

Hi gents ! I look for the driver for the same device (MOA8BO) but for windows 7 64 bits.

Can someone help finding the appropriate driver ? (seems there is no more support on that product on Dell website).

Thanks for your help !

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 11:00

Hi jghj,

You may use the link that I have provided in the above post:

http://dell.to/11fhDic

Download the driver, save it on the desktop and run it in compatibility mode by following the below steps:

(1) Right click on the saved .exe file and click on properties.

(2) Select compatibility tab.

(3) Check Run this program in compatibility mode for option.

(4) Select operating system as Windows 7 64-bit below that.

If you have further questions do reply to the same thread.

2 Posts

May 24th, 2013 08:00

Hi Kiran !

Yes, it works fine and I can set up all button on WIN 7 64 bits,

Thanks for support !

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

May 24th, 2013 12:00

Hi jghj,

It is good to know the issue is fixed. If you have anyother questions you can send me a message or start a new thread.

1 Message

February 10th, 2014 23:00

Hey Kiran,

I just started using the mouse with Linux (Ubuntu 13.10).

The button clicks & hold-drag behaviour is really bad. Could you please help fix the issue.

Thanks,

Nitin

2 Posts

February 24th, 2014 05:00

Hello,

I've been using dell premium mouse suite for years on my Dell with XP system. Now our company is moving to Win7 so we got new systems. And i cant get mouse suite to work. Tried the compatibility check. The aplication install itself properly and when i launch it i got just Program menu with help.The whole section with mouse settings is missing. Any ideas what might be wrong please?

I am running Win 7 prof, 64bit, SP1

Thank you.

2 Posts

October 28th, 2014 12:00

I am in the same situation as above - installed the drivers as per above links, dell mouse suites is installed with only the help tab (buttons and movement tabs are not present). I would really like to program the scroll wheel and the two side buttons.

Using a Dell Optical Mouse (MOA8BO) with Windows 8.1 x64. Windows device manager is reading the mouse as a 'Microsoft' product.

Thanks.

2 Posts

October 29th, 2014 01:00

Don't loose time with fixing the dell mouse suit. I tried all the possible settings, searched on internet and nothing. Looks like in win 7 and above it simply doesn't work.

But there is X mouse button control application, its free, has same settings, i am using this as the original suite don't and i am really satisfied. Try it and you'll see

2 Posts

October 30th, 2014 08:00

Thanks for the suggestion, I downloaded the program and it is a good replacement.

No Events found!