Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2017 16:00

factory reset

I have a Dell Inspirion N5110 that I received from my son-in-law that I would like to re-set to "new factory" and have everything that is on the computer erased. I don't want to have his personal files on the computer, not my business to snoop. The computer came with windows 7 home premium installed. I have since added SP1 to it. Is there some way to use the original factory image that I downloaded from Dell to do so that would included the SP1 pack? Would creating another image work? I have a complete back up of the computer.

Thanks

Rick 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 2nd, 2017 11:00

The Dell original image is only what we shipped so it is not needed. You cannot merge it with what you have installed. Because you updated to SP1, you should create/use a new set of backup CDs or USB Restore key.

2 Posts

May 2nd, 2017 14:00

Thanks Chris, I NOW know you are right. Should have waited for your answer. haha I had to go through all previous steps to get SP1 installed. But now that I have it back, what should I do to (create) to be able to restore to present condition. I did get all previous info off the computer which I did want to accomplish

No Events found!