Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2011 22:00

factory restore options after installing new windows 7

I dunno if i posted this in the right forum but i just dont know what to do anymore ive read about my problem over and over again but im pretty dumb at this computer stuff and its hard to understand and follow along the path:emotion-40:

i hope maybe someone can help me with my situation i have followed some forum help but it wasnt my pc specs so a lil bit to much for my lil brain

right sighhhhhh

i got my dell inspirion 1546 about 1 year ago all was going fine but off course it kept overheating so one day i thought ahhh its time for factory image recovery i read the dell booklet F8 repair computer but it just toke me to windows i have heard alot about this fault in the forums anyways i thought i was doing something wrong but it turns out to be i dunnnoo

windows service pack 1 wanted to install and restart but it overheated have way thought the process not good

so all i got was error finalising everytime i started up couldnt get into my account or safe mode or repair computer ether way i was bummed

i reinstalled windows 7 but off course im a girl and have no clue on what to do it was very simple untill i found out i have to put all the drivers and utilltiys back in from the disc. none off the stuff i got with it isnt there like webcam ect and i really have no clue on what drivers are

i install dell support tool it said i had drivers and stuff to download i did it untill i couldnt download the main dell software it said it has no files and stuff

now i cant factory restore i called my friend and he knows a lil bout pc 

but for days and weeks we were trying to solve out the recovery partition and ways how to get back to factory image

i dunno if im totally stuck now with this issue im tired off reading and understanding how to solve this 

im thinking of phoning dell but i really cant explain my problem

thinking off going into a computer shop but im skint and dumb

if anybody has the time or patience to help me out id be very grateful:emotion-2:

thank you

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 31st, 2011 02:00

bunnybobofuk,

Try reading...

Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings

The longer method is...

How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft® Windows® on a Dell™ Computer If you have to use this method because you upgraded to Windows 7...

When you installed Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) did you install the desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers first? If not the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order If you cannot find Windows 7 drivers, then try using the Vista (or XP) 32-bit drivers, for Windows 7 32-bit of the Vista (or XP) 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit and install the drivers in the Compatibility mode

If your computer came with Windows 7, did you make the Dell Data Safe disks? Windows 7 - IMPORTANT Windows 7 Backup Disks to create

If you make the disks, then insert disk 1 and restart your computer, press any key to boot from cd and follow the instructions.

Rick

11 Posts

March 31st, 2011 12:00

thank you for getting back to me i am pleased but a bit confused

my dell inspiron 1546 came with windows 7 64 bit

i couldnt get into my windows cause of the error when finalising my windows 7 serves pack

so i couldnt get into my windows to backup

anyways i had to reinstall windows7 from the disk plus the driver utility disk i just installed all of them no perticular order as i didnt know this was what you had to do. i installed dell support center and said i can download the rest off the stuff went to link and said i urgently need to download dell utility system software but somehow they think i have vista 32bit i changed it to windows 7 64bit and download to dell driver download the rest off the stuff i already installed from dell drivers and utility disc.

now i get an error saying my system is not 32bit i know that but thats the only one dell said i had to download i went to download options checked offer system softwear for other specs of system.but still no good thats why i want factory restore so i dont have to put all the stuff in myself as i will totally do it wrong as most off my drivers dont work at the mo.

then i found out once you reinstall windows 7 the system factory image is no longer available from repair computer options.

so i downloaded dell datasafe 2.0 it said i can restore to my date i got it  24/03/2010 but went i do so it just takes me back to repair computer options with no dell factory image options waste off time i really fought it was going to work.

but hey it just let me download and install my dell softwear will that help me restore to factory settings proble not

my only option is the recovery partion but dell datasafe wanted to update now i think its updated my recovery partion.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 31st, 2011 15:00

bunnybobofuk,

Remove all usb attached devices except mouse and keyboard. Start with the desktop notebook system utility and the chipset drivers and install from there. Everything should start working.

Rick

11 Posts

April 1st, 2011 10:00

so theres no way off me restoreing to factory settings what so ever hufffffff

do i have to reinstall windows 7 again then put the drivers in as said in the link ?

11 Posts

April 1st, 2011 11:00

ok im going to reinstall windows 7 and made a note off the list of drivers but most off them are not what they said on the link because i have a diffrent laptop

ill trie my best to put them in order 

wish me good luck and hope ill be back because last time i couldnt get on the net

fingers crosssed 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 1st, 2011 17:00

bunnybobofuk,

You could just start with the desktop/notebook system utility and the chipset drivers. Installing the drivers in order, things should start working.

Rick

11 Posts

April 1st, 2011 22:00

i have done so but  i still have to sort my webcam out now when i download it it says i havent got a webcam

i have im fed up with this one thing after the other i wish dell would just put in a copy off factory restore on disc so we dont have to waste are time sorting it out .

so how the hell do i get my webcam central back ?

No Events found!