Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

July 20th, 2005 15:00

fax console

I am having problems with the software "fax console". I would like to know how to set up this software to send and recieve faxes via my computer only. I do not have printer to send or recieve faxes with. I am using dimension 8400 OS win xp mce
please help

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 20th, 2005 16:00

You don't need a printer, but you do need an actual telephone modem in your computer hooked up to telephone line to fax. (Not cable or dsl modems.) Directions are in Help in the Fax Console. Installation directions in Help under Fax.

2.5K Posts

July 20th, 2005 16:00

8 Posts

July 22nd, 2005 18:00

thank you for your help think I'm in the right direction :)

4.4K Posts

That is part of Mary's signature. She is asking people not to send questions to her through a private message, but to post them in the forum. A request I heartily support.

If you do want to send  someone a private message, you click on the name and in the window that opens you click on send this person a private message. a box opens where you can write your message, click send and it appears in that person's private message inbox, not visible to anyone else.

8 Posts

thank you for your time and helpful info. not sure what you mean by this, Please post questions in forums and NOT in Private Messages. Thanks. ::
please explain I am new user and am a bit nieve about site.
thank you

8 Posts

when i hit reply above someones name is that sending it to the forum

4.4K Posts

Yes, correct.

8 Posts

August 5th, 2005 03:00

I have resolved my fax problems of sending a fax through my xp op system, but I am having problems receiving a fax. what am i doing wrong.

Message Edited by THENANA on 08-04-2005 11:40 PM

11.9K Posts

August 7th, 2005 23:00

@THENANA wrote:
I have resolved my fax problems of sending a fax through my xp op system, but I am having problems receiving a fax. what am i doing wrong.

Impossible to say since you give no information about what isn't working.

I assume, although that may be a mistake, that when a fax call comes in you know that you can't let an answering machine answer the line prior, or a person.  Right?

8 Posts

August 8th, 2005 12:00

duh, i should have been more clear on problem sorry, thank you for responding and yes you are right but in my case i have two lines going into computer and did not switch from dsl to direct phone line to recieve my fax, I have since figured everything out and now feel like an expert on this matter. :)Everything is common sense if one had patience. thanks again 

11.9K Posts

August 8th, 2005 19:00

@THENANA wrote:
duh, i should have been more clear on problem sorry, thank you for responding and yes you are right but in my case i have two lines going into computer and did not switch from dsl to direct phone line to recieve my fax, I have since figured everything out and now feel like an expert on this matter. :)Everything is common sense if one had patience. thanks again 

Glad to hear it.
No Events found!