Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2012 22:00

how do i reformat my inspiron n5050

good after i  want to reformat my dell inspiron because of my partion on my hardisk is so little..my drive c is only 40g and my drive e is 450g and i cant update anymore because it is full.. so iwant to add my drive c because when i used to download program icant download because there is no other space.. i hope you can help me and you can send me  a copy how to reformat my dell inspiron n5050.. thanky you very much

49 Posts

May 29th, 2012 23:00

I suggest for you to back up everything from both your drives. Then try to reformat again and be sure to clear both your drives upon reformatting. This way, they will be in fresh state without anything on it, but full of space.

3.8K Posts

May 30th, 2012 02:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. I suggest you follow natakuc4 Wiki using the below link. It has everything you will need.

en.community.dell.com/.../1434.1-1-a-clean-install-of-windows-7-on-dell-systems.aspx

Check under "When you have an existing Windows partition you have a few options:" in the above link on how to format your hard drive.

Thank you

2 Posts

October 24th, 2012 01:00

hi good day.. i may i asked how to fix my dell laptop its a inspiron n5050.. my os has been not working when i turn it on its asking me the recovery disk and i have no recovery disc. how i fix my laptop hope you can help me in this matter

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 24th, 2012 02:00

Hello Jeff,

To understand the issue better and help you further, I would request you to help us with the exact error message that you get when you turn on the computer.
I would also suggest running a hardware diagnostics.
Refer to the following link to run the hardware diagnostics: http://dell.to/OUGnqT

Please write back to us with results, I'd be glad to assist further. 

2 Posts

August 12th, 2013 15:00

The natakuc4 Wiki mentioned above does not exist any longer. Are there any other resources that can tell me how to do a full clean hard drive wipe of Windows 7 and then reinstall it?

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

August 12th, 2013 17:00

The wiki is updated and combined with other wikies into a single pdf and may be found on my WordPress: http://philipyip.wordpress.com/dell-community-forums/

No Events found!