Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2005 12:00

import OE6 address book into hotmail

hello,
I need detailed info on importing my OE6 address book into hotmail contacts;hotmail "import contacts" tells me I need ".csv" format then I get a "browse" option.I've done a search for .csv and come up with way to many choices...I'm working with XP Pro.
Appreciate detailed info; I'm not very PC literate...
Tks. AR

18.8K Posts

December 10th, 2005 14:00

blues-8,

I have never tried to import an address book into Hotmail, but if it is looking for a *.csv (comma separated values) file you can create one in OE. Create a folder to hold the file by opening Windows Explorer, clicking on a drive letter (such as C:) and go to File|New|Folder. Name the folder (for example Adds) and press . Open OE and go to to File|Export|Address Book. Select Text File then click the "Export" button. The next screen allows you to specify the folder in which the *.csv file should be written. Browse to C:\Adds, enter a file name for address file you will save (Dec10 works) then click Save. The next screen allows you to specify what elements of each address should be saved. After you complete that screen the file will be saved. In Hotmail, browse to C:\Adds\Dec10.csv.

Message Edited by Denny Denham on 12-10-2005 08:59 AM

62 Posts

December 10th, 2005 23:00

Denny,

Followed your instructions to the letter; all went well, as expected, when one follows your suggestions.

Thanks so much, Denny.

Best wishes for the Holiday Season!  AR

No Events found!