Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2008 20:00

install error codes 0x8007045D and 0x80070003

Just like many of you on here, I have had to format and reinstall Vista due to performance issues.  The first time I did this, it was on my son's laptop (he forgot his password), and had no problems.  However, for this second install...

It's being done on the same laptop (inspiron 1525).  This time, however, it has been one problem after another.

First off, the partition was deleted, which in itself wasn't too hard of a problem to resolve.  When I finally got this problem taken care of, and when using my son's VISTA reinstall disk, I would get an error code 0x8007045D, usually at the expanding file level of 64%.  So, I decided to go dig my VISTA reinstall disk (inspion 1501), and now get an error code 0x80070003.

Yes, I have checked these forums, and nothing is really said about how to resolve this.  I've searched other forums and boards, and the only solutions people seem to have is to replace the disk, replace the dvd drive, replace this, replace that, make a new copy of the disk at 2x, and how Microsoft does not want to release info concerning these codes.

So then, people of DELL, what do I do?  Are you able to send me a new disk?  Are you able to tell me what exactly is missing?  I would like to have emailed this directly, but somehow, I keep getting routed to the forum board.

-Vista Home Premium 32BIT SP1 has error 0x8007045D

-Vista Home Basic 32BIT SP1 has error 0x80070003

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 31st, 2008 04:00

First, see THIS on the error.

Second, if you didn't delete the Dell Recovery Partition that is on many Dell's all you would have had to do is access the Recovery partition and it will allow you to completely restore the PC to the original factory condition.  THIS is the Dell procedure.

(as with most users on here, we are not Dell employees, just users helping users, if you want a response from Dell support this is not the place).

December 31st, 2008 08:00

Thanks for the info, but...

The first link assumes you have a working program already installed and running; hard to copy Vista into a folder and run a setup when there is nothing installed.  The error messages are appearing when installing the proram (more on this in a bit).

The second link has nothing on the errors; I know how to install programs, been doing it for many a year now, since the days of Windows 3.1 and topdos.

From what all the other boards are saying is that this problem is because of a fautly drive.  How?  It was running fine, as my son's been playing CD's and games since he first got it this past September.  It isn't the drive, because it is only failing on the reinstall disk.

Hrmmm.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the assist; it's just that this error code is just annoying the - out of me.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 31st, 2008 12:00

Does the PC still have the Dell restore Partition?  If it does, use that to restore the PC and see if it works OK.  It will restore the PC to the original factory disk image and does not need the Vista DVD or optical drive. 

The Dell link was given to you as we have seen many users that were not installing correctly (even old Pro's). 

(I have you beat, I worked in computers since 1962 in the Air Force - "BPC" as I call it - Before PC's, and later with NASA and then the SSA at a Hardware Help Desk until I retired) :emotion-11:

4 Posts

February 19th, 2013 06:00

My old hard drive failed completely.  I ordered a new one and replaced it but having the same problem as original poster.  If I do not have the Dell partition, how do i install the Dell Vista OS?  should i install Windows 7 64 bit instead? and would windows 7 find all the approriate drivers or would i have to scout those out myself. 

This should have been a lot easier.

No Events found!