Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2013 10:00

need to reboot to factory settings

I bought my computer in 2009, I'm aware that my warranty is up, but I'm trying to re-boot my computer to factory settings.  I've tried everything I could possibly find, F8 upon starting doesn't have the button I need, ctl + f11 doesn't do anything but make my computer beep at me, f11 just freezes my screen.  Is there any way I could have a disc sent to me to do this?

Thanks!

3 Posts

February 8th, 2013 11:00

Thanks for your quick reply - I have Windows Vista Home Premium on my Studio 1737.  I've already backed everything up (pics, music, etc), I'm just to the step of re-booting. 

Thanks!!

1.8K Posts

February 8th, 2013 11:00

Hi llamagoose,

Please share the Operating system installed on your computer.

There are different steps to perform factory image restore in Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. For more information on this, you may refer to link: http://dell.to/XX8O6N. You may change operating system to get the detailed steps for Vista and Windows 7.

Factory image restore will lead to data (pictures, documents, programs, music) loss. Please perform a data backup prior to this step. Please disconnect any external peripherals (printer, scanner or any USB device) as well. 

Please reply for further clarifications. 

3 Posts

February 8th, 2013 12:00

The "Dell Factory Image Restore" key is not an option on my computer.  It doesn't exist when I go through the whole F8 jazz.

1.8K Posts

February 11th, 2013 14:00

Hi llamagoose,

If there is no options for "Dell factory image restore", you might need to re-install Operating system on your computer. Before you proceed, I will advise you to take a complete backup of your data (pictures, music, applications, videos, documents) as this step leads to complete data loss. Remove all the external peripherals (like printers, scanners, any USB device except keyboard and mouse) connected to your computer. 

For more information on Operating system re-installation, you may refer to link: http://dell.to/Qe7jyP 

Please reply in case you have any further questions. 

No Events found!