Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2012 10:00

"Error loading c:\WINDOWS\mtcl3de.dll"

This error message pops up everytime I boot the computer: "Error loading c:\WINDOWS\mtcl3de.dll". The computer is a Vostro 200 running Win XP Pro SP3. Can anyone help me repair or delete this file?

Thanks in advance

2 Posts

Thanks Firebird,

I had also searched for info on this file and could not find any. I had an instance of Win XP AntiSpyware 2012 on this machine and ran MBAM as part of the removal process. I will try running it again, but this popup was present before I ran it the first time, but there is nothing to loose by running it again.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

A google search doesn't turn up anything for that file.  It may be spyware/malware.  If you have a Spyware/Malware scanner program run a scan and see if anything shows up.  If you don't have one, download the free version of Malwarebytes, update the data file and then run a complete scan with Malwarebytes.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

January 4th, 2012 18:00

Mr. Fixer, it appears to me that you may have had an incomplete removal of the rogue and accompanying components. Win XP AntiSpyware 2012 often comes along with a rootkit.  Some scans need to be supplemented with the use of additional tools and manual removal procedures. My suggestion is to post in the Malware Removal Forum at SpywareHammer and have the staff trained in malware removal walk you through the diagnostic logs and a cleanup. Help is free, but you will need to register there. In addition, there are other options listed at the top of the this forum. Some are free; some require a fee. Please use only one resource. It can be counter-productive to have too many people trying to help. Good luck! :emotion-1:

No Events found!