Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2011 08:00

"Other user" Login on Vista 64 DELL studio

I have a DELL studio 1555 laptop. I am trying to restore it to original factory setting as per this. I turn on my computer press F8 and I can see "Repair Your Computer". When I click enter on it , it goes to log in screen which shows "Other User" page. I can not enter with my credentials. I am the sole user with Admin rights. There is no one else using this machine.

As normal start up, if I choose option to start windows normally, I can normal user/password screen. and I can enter into laptop. This screen is coming when I try to do "repair Your computer". 

I tried to do a PC restore, but still this is there. Please help me to resolve it. I need to restore my machine, as it has lots of BSOD now,

Thanks,

Rahul

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 8th, 2011 10:00

You will have to contact Dell to get the password, if you do not have it.  There is no other way to circumvent the password.  Dell intentionally does not make a way to get around that due to the number of stolen laptops.  When you call Dell, you must be the registered with Dell owner.

3 Posts

January 8th, 2011 21:00

Thanks Fireberd !!. I thought that thery may be some technical change in registry or setting that may resolve the issue.

Actually, I bought this in US (NJ), and now I am in Singapore. And I dont have my cd/dvd here. But, if there is no other way, then ok, let me try to get into DELL support, I guess I have to go into 7-8 calls, so that I can goto correct person on support. Its frustrating.

Thanks,

Rahul

No Events found!