Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 22nd, 2013 13:00

"The User Profile Service service failed the login, User Profile cannot be loaded

I can't log into my Dell.  I only have one user account, jmanzi.  When I ener password and click enter, I get an error saying

"The user profile service serice failed the logon.  User Profile cannot be loaded."

I tried logging into safe mode, but I don't know how to get the safe mode menu.  My dell is running Windows Vista 64 HOME edition. 

Please help

Thanks

118 Posts

October 22nd, 2013 23:00

Hi JManzi,

Please run the diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F12' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
  • Use the 'Down Arrow' key to highlight the 'Diagnostics' option. Press the 'Enter' key.
  • The diagnostics will begin. Please note the exact error message/code, if any appears on the screen.
  • You may also refer to the video on the link http://dell.to/1hrt2P4  for more information.

You may refer to the link http://dell.to/1bV0cp4 for steps on how to navigate to safe mode in windows vista.

Once you are logged on to safe mode, log on to the administrator account. Please perform the steps given on this link http://dell.to/1eIaCdi.

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted with the results. I’ll be glad to assist.

13 Posts

June 25th, 2014 04:00

This thread is old but anyone with a similar issue should restore the computer to an earlier date in Safe Mode. Wish, i hadn't restored my system and found the fix earlier. Fixing The User Profile Service failed the logon

1 Message

August 31st, 2014 15:00

Thank u sooooooooo much !!!!!!!! I thought I was going to have to take it to a shop !!!!!!! 

2 Posts

October 26th, 2014 06:00

Hi,

I tried diagnostics, but I still got the error that I cannot login and access the internet. Is there another soulution?

Thank you.

2 Posts

October 26th, 2014 06:00

I also got a error when I was re-booting.

1 Message

May 14th, 2015 03:00

Yes The user profile service failed logon has an easy fix and a comprehensive and step by step guide has been published to get rid of this error here..

Fixing The User Profile Service failed the logon

1 Message

April 14th, 2016 17:00

Thank you!!!! I followed each step as directed. Didn't lose any files. I was able to get back in my profile with no problem!!!!!

November 13th, 2019 12:00

Your links shows errors. Mam.

I have the same problem. I tried to set the safe mode and do your steps. Unfortunately, it resisted me to visit my admin account. 

For 5-10 times, I shut down or restart my PC. 

This picture popped in the screen, 

windows10_the_user_profile_service-service-_failed_the_sign-in_user_profile_cannot_be_loaded.png

 Finally, " System Restore " helped. My admin account is back. I still want to create a guest account. Please give some tips

74 Posts

July 19th, 2020 17:00

I have a similar issue. I attempted to set the protected mode and do your means. Sadly, it opposed me to visit my administrator account.

For 5-10 times, I shut down or restart my PC.

74 Posts

July 22nd, 2020 02:00

Send it to company for repair they will resolve the issue

74 Posts

July 22nd, 2020 02:00

Try again it doesnt make make new account

74 Posts

July 25th, 2020 04:00

There are numerous projects which will permit you to make a duplicate of your whole hard plate (some of which are free), yet you will require a second circle with adequate limit, and may even need a subsequent PC or PC so as to duplicate the circle on the off chance that you can't boot into Windows. Here's the best reinforcement programming for Windows.

74 Posts

July 30th, 2020 23:00

Client profile can't be stacked. Now and again signing on after a framework shutdown and restart can resolve the mistake. If not, the client profile might be adulterated. All things considered, duplicate the client's records to another client account and totally expel the defiled record from the PC.

1 Message

November 8th, 2020 02:00

I am not Able to going in safe mode when I on my pc in safe mode the whole screen will be be black and even the cursor won't work It's just loading loading and loading

Please Help me

No Events found!