Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 3rd, 2010 09:00

windows 7 free upgrade

How can I get help with the windows 7  upgrade? I keep getting shuffled around on the phone for hours!!!!

263 Posts

March 3rd, 2010 10:00

Have read lots of stories like yours on the forum.  Will add a contact that has been helping  people in your situation.

First you should remove your Cust. # and the service tag #. They are a violation of the forum and Dell will either remove your post or remove the #'s for you.

For US Consumer Post Sales Support and Unresolved sales issues, please reach out to LisaG on Twitter @LisaG_atDell and our Facebook page Dell Consumer Sales Support at http://tinyurl.com/y8jx84u

Contact Lisa and good luck.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

We can probably help you here.  We are not all Dell and everyone here is a volunteer (Dell or not), so be patient and tell us what you have, what you need, and what is happening.

2 Posts

I purchased a lap top for my daughter in July at that time Dell offered free windows 7 but did not have it yet. My daughter is in college at FSU and did not want to switch  until after the semester was over because she had a ton of work saved on the computer and was afraid she would lose it if she put windows 7 on it right then. To cut to the chase we have been on the phone with Dell no less than 3 hrs getting a run around one told us no problem I will transfer you so you can get your upgrade and then we great transferred and they tell us it is to late nothing can be done and we were even hung up on! All I want is what I paid for when we purchased the computer I"m not asking for anything free, we were never informed that we had to get the upgrade by a certian date!  purchase date 7-26-2009 Studio XPS. Any help would be great this has been exhausting and terrible customer service.

Thank you

Nathan 

No Events found!