Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J2

June 3rd, 2015 01:00

WDM Problems

WDM Problems

Hi all,
We have WDM 4.5.1 running on a Server 2003 server. We wanted to upgrade to WDM 4.8 so we built a new Server 2003 server (Vmware virtual server) and installed WDM 4.8 Enterprise. I was then talking to Wyse sales and they suggested using Workgroup version. So we reverted the new virtual server back to a snapshot we had taken before any Wyse install and started over. We installed 4.8 Workgroup version. That would not discover any devices so we reverted to the snapshot again and are now back to only one 4.5.1 WDM server. The problem now is that our thin clients are not checking in with the 4.5.1 server anymore. We can remote to the thin clients but we cannot reboot them remotely and they are not checking in with the server. I've called support and they couldn't come up with a solution and said they would escalate it but we need this to be working asap. I don't know if installing the 4.8 versions had anything to do with this but it seems likely. The person on the Wyse support line said installing 4.8 would not have any effect on the 4.5.1 server.
Does anyone here have any ideas?
Thanks!

Never mind. I got a chance to talk to a support tech that really knew his stuff, he found the problem which basically boiled down to 4.5.1 is too old so we're going to speed up our upgrade plans.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

You should have more confidence with yourself.

No Events found!