Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2015 03:00

WDM Workgroup error when pushing image

WDM Workgroup error when pushing image

I am trying to deploy a custom image to several D90Q7 clients. Merlin always fails with the error message: "Try 1:Merlin-Process-FAILURE [Fri Oct 11 15:00:32 2013][ERROR: Error while uploading MBR file. Http Error code : .][ERROR STAGE: MBR validation.][REASON: Flash is corrupted or improper repository/network configuration.][SOLUTION: Disable anonymous authentication if enabled on software repository under MyWDM virtual directory or check the device flash.]”

I have disabled anonymous authentication for MyWDM and tried a bunch of other things but no dice.

I would appreciate any help anyone here can offer.

1 Message

I am also getting the same error, but only when i try to pull/get image from a device. How did you resolve the error?

623 Posts

What is you version number of WDM? this is a common issue when you are using a down-level version of WDM. See the release notes for the D90Q7 code to see what the WDM requirements are.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1 Message

Thanks, think I found what I need to get started.
Thanks again,

You can easily check out our high quality mcp certification which prepares you well for the scwcd certification training You can also get success in real hodgesexam with the quality www.quincy.edu and University of Saint Joseph and best of luck.

I have this problem. What did you do to resolve it? Thanks

1 Message

CoolIssue getting device images after applying hotfix to WDM 5.0 workgroup...
I am having the same issue getting a device image for our Wyse X90M7 thin client laptops. We just recently upgraded our WDM 5.0 workgroup to WDM 5.0 HF050026414 Build 707 workgroup.

Here's the error I'm getting:
Try 1:Merlin-Process-FAILURE [Fri Oct 3 16:15:48 2014][ERROR: Error while uploading MBR file. Http Error code : .][ERROR STAGE: MBR validation.][REASON: Flash is corrupted or improper repository/network configuration.][SOLUTION: Disable anonymous authentication if enabled on software repository under MyWDM virtual directory or check the device flash.]

I need help with this ASAP.

Kind Regards,

I am using Wyse device manager 5.0 (workgroup edition) and have come across similar issue. I cannot get device image or deploy a device configuration. Under Update Manger --> Schdeuled package shows the package was never deployed.

623 Posts

May 28th, 2015 07:00

Since no device model is mentioned, make sure that you have upgraded WDM 5.0 with MR1 and MR1.1. available from www.wyse.com/downloads > Wyse Device Manager

36 Posts

May 28th, 2015 14:00

So wait, these MR1 and MR1.1 patches are discrete and BOTH must be applied sequentially, as opposed to the latest one being cumulative?!?  I can find neither release notes nor instructions on the download site.

Is there any reason why you specifically don't mention the MR2 patch, which released 2/13/15?

Thanks. 

No Events found!