Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

6 Posts

January 14th, 2019 07:00

Is there a web interface for Thin Clients?

Is there an administrator web interface (AWI) available for the Dell Wyse 5010 wireless thin clients? Most all of our VDI environment are Dell Wyse 5030 zero clients. I often access the device via IP address to change autologon username/pws and restart the device.

Recently started using some Dell Wyse 5010 wireless thin clients and unable to access a AWI. Is that because this is a Thin Client vs a Zero Client? Is there any way to access the AWI on a Thin Client? If not, could someone explain why as I'm not understanding why this would not be available??

We use Teradici to manage all the 5030 zero clients. Am I able to manage the 5010 zero clients with Teradici Mgmt Console. Will I be able manage them for the 5010 thin clients?

3 Apprentice

• 

706 Posts

January 14th, 2019 13:00

There is no AWI for ThinOS based thin clients.  You can and should manage these devices using Wyse Management Console, WMS.  https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/wyse-wms/research

There is a free, and a paid version of WMS.  The paid version of WMS can also manage Teradici devices.

6 Posts

January 15th, 2019 05:00

Can you manage with Teradici?  It has a "Teradici PCoIP Optimized" sticker on it.

4 Posts

February 15th, 2019 01:00

I think that you can just integrate with Teradici as PCoIP. Configuration should by provided WMS or by .ini files

3 Apprentice

• 

706 Posts

February 15th, 2019 04:00

ThinOS has a PCOIP software stack in it.  The teradici management console can only manage devices which have a Teradici chip in it, and is thus running Teradicis operating system. WMS, which is the management console for Dell thin clients can manage all operating systems available on Dell thin clients, ThinOS, WES, Linux and converted PC's

No Events found!