Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 7th, 2016 07:00

USB bar code scanner "dropping"

We are currently using a Wyse S10 Thin Client connected (with RDP) to a Server. We've been scanning bar codes using a wired USB scanner for three or four years with no issues. Over the past few months, the scanner is "dropping" at random times throughout the day. Once you unplug the scanner and plug it back in, it works fine .... but will randomly drop again. I've tried another scanner to rule out a hardware issue. I've also moved another Wyse terminal from a different location but it doesn't solve the problem with the bar code scanner dropping from the USB port. Any thoughts?

560 Posts

November 1st, 2016 23:00

You should try connecting the scanner to a USB powered hub. The S10 is an old device and the USB ports may not be holding the power as well as it should.

2 Posts

November 8th, 2016 08:00

I'm glad to see this post!  I've been having the same exact issue over the past couple months with a 3000 series thin client.  

The barcode scanner worked for the longest time and all of a sudden earlier this year it will stop working and have to be unplugged/plugged back in or I will have to restart the unit for the barcode scanner to start working again.

No Events found!