Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

August 5th, 2015 21:00

Auto discovery

Smile Auto discovery

Hi, when I open pocket cloud on htc desire I get Auto discovery (on)
to enable Auto Discovey you must install the free pocketcloud windows companion etc
but Its allready installed.The only way I get it to work is to uninstal Windows companoin and then re-install but when I come to use it again it wont work . Any help please

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 22:00

So you are signed into the companion on your PC, but it is not showing on the computer list on your mobile device?

Do you have a anti-virus program installed on your computer? It is possible that is blocking the Companion. Make sure PocketCloud is on the approved applications list in your anti-virus software as well as the Windows Firewall.

Please let me know if this helps. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

Followup: Both my computers (laptop that isn't maintaining autodiscovery ability and desktop) are running Windows XP Service Pack 3. Also, I should have said RDP instead of RPN. I checked fDenyTSConnections on both computers and it is set to 0x00000000 on both. However, both are working fine right now. Waiting to see the laptop repeat its failure (has happened three times so far in a couple of days).

Thanks, Steve

Hi Josh everything ok in Windows firewall and my anti-virus, can`t understand this as I did have it working when I first installed the prog?

Same issue

I'm experiencing the same issue of initially having access via both VNC and RPN and then losing both. I'm uncertain what event causes the connection to be lost. I also have to uninstall and reinstall Windows Pocketcloud Companion and then immediately have access again.
One thing I found is that once I lose connection, when I go into "Options" on pocketcloud companion, if I reenter the password for my google email, I get a message about the connection failed. I just reinstalled and have access so I'll include the exact connection failed message the next time I see it.
I theorize that companion is losing its connection to wherever the autodiscovery information is maintained and it is related to the google email and password not validating correctly. Something is altering the email and/or password when transmitted. Therefore, autodiscovery fails and I have to reinstall to get companion to once again establish a good connection. After awhile, it gets corrupted and loses connection.
One other note: I have two computers on the same network. One has had no issues. I've compared their setups and see no differences.
Steve

1.3K Posts

Can you try the following for me?

1. Start > Go to Run > Type regedit and go following location
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\Terminal Server" . 

2. Check the value of fDenyTSConnections. 
If fDenyTSConnections is not equal to 0 make it 0 and restart WysePocketCloudService.
To restart service go to Start > Run > type Services > scroll down to Wyse PocketCloud and click restart

Let me know if this helps. 

Josh Maurer

Duplicated Problem

I just restarted my laptop and can no longer make connection via either VNC or RDP. I went to "Preferences" in pocketcloud companion and tried reentering my password. I got the message "Login Failed". I tried the same thing on my desktop and got the message "Login successful. By using the same credentials on mobile device you will be able to remotely connect to this system."

On the laptop, fDenyTSConnections is still set to 0x00000000.

Hope this helps, Steve

Found a workaround. I switched to using a wired ethernet connection to my laptop instead of wireless connection. Pocketcloud now works after a reboot.
I suspect something in the software after initial installation limits reconnection to google gmail to go out the first ethernet adapter in the system configuration. In this case, the first adapter is my wired connection. Once I switched to the wired connection, it works fine. This should be addressed in the next update of the Windows PocketCloud Companion.

Steve

1.3K Posts

Have you tried restarting the PocketCloud companion service to see if that would help?

Josh Maurer

No Events found!