Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

Can't start Windows Companion

Can't start Windows Companion

Hello,

Just discovered PocketCloud tonight while looking for a way of controlling my desktop from my android phone while at work.

I've downloaded and successfully installed the app on my phone, but am having a bit of a problem on the desktop.

I installed the program (after it downloaded .NET Framework v3) fine, but when I try and run it it immediately throws an error, "WyseBrowser has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" (no solution found obviously).

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing but I get the same problem. I have downloaded a new copy of the installer and tried that too.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be most welcome.

623 Posts

Matt,
What version of windows are you running on your PC (i.e. Windows XP Pro, Windows 7 Home Premium. etc.)?
Do you get any error messages during the installation? 

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

145 Posts

Microsoft Windows 7 has .NET 3.0 installed by default. Not sure why it is asking for again. Is this any type of customized image

Can you try installing the .NET 3.0 manually from the below link
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...5-25634c3bf043 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

Ok this issue is now solved! Thank you very much for the help Sarun and RMontalvo!

I'm not entirely sure what was causing the problem, but after a bit of time uninstalling and re-installing it seems to be working.

For other's reference, this is what I did (although I don't remember the order perfectly, mucked around for a while)

I attempted to install .NET 3.0 manually as advised by Sarun. This failed as it prompted me to access "turn on or off windows features" through programs list in control panel. I did this, attempted to install again and it still failed. I checked in programs list and it said I had .NET 4.0 installed. I thought perhaps they can't install together (no idea if this is the case, didn't think to check google).

I downloaded a .NET cleanup tool (from this MS blog site which took a few attempts to get working - I had to uncheck the feature and manually uninstall .NET 4.0 then run the tool to clear all trace of 3.5 (which was appearing in the feature list).

The 3.0 manual installer continued to fail, but I tried using the PocketCloud installer (to let it download 3.0 itself). This seemed to work! PocketCloud is now running on my laptop!

However, I'm now having a new problem - I can't log in on my phone! (HTC Desire, Android 2.2 HTC version). I've put in the gmail account details but it just sits on 'logging in'. 

I checked around on these forums and found Lana's advice to navigate to gmail.com on the phone and log in there, then try the app again, but it made no difference.

3 Posts

Am running Windows 7 Ultimate

No errors during the installation (I've uninstalled and re-downloaded and re-installed a few times now to check). It does want to download .NET Framework each time (so I'm assuming it uninstalls it when I remove PocketCloud?)

This is the error details from event viewer that appears after trying to run the program.

- System 
- Provider 
[ Name] Windows Error Reporting 
- EventID 1001 
[ Qualifiers] 0 
Level 4 
Task 0 
Keywords 0x80000000000000 
- TimeCreated 
[ SystemTime] 2011-02-08T18:22:01.000000000Z 
EventRecordID 2123 
Channel Application 
Computer indigo 
Security 
- EventData 

CLR20r3 
Not available 

wysebrowser.exe 
4ce5df00 
WyseBrowser 
4ce5df00 
b2 

System.TypeInitialization 
C:\Users\matt\AppData\Local\Temp\WERFE58.tmp.WERIn ternalMetadata.xml 
C:\Users\matt\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ ReportArchive\AppCrash_wysebrowser.exe_a43ac98287a aa934bee74aa609c251bdd65e40_177f05f6 

50bbcc9b-33b0-11e0-a5fa-001377b61379 

As before, any advice/suggestions are appreciated!

No Events found!