Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

July 31st, 2015 03:00

Connect to Vmware VNC - session disconnected

Connect to Vmware VNC - session disconnected

Hi,

I have Vmware workstation 6.5, and configured 1 vm for remote display, which should allow me to connect using vnc viewer. But when I try using pocketcloud, I get "session disconnected".

Pocketcloud is on Android Friyo.

Jim

9 Posts

July 31st, 2015 04:00

I figured out the session disconnected problem. I was trying to connect to the guest's IP address, but should've connected to the host's. Once I used the host's IP, I can connect.

But now a different problem. The guest is Linux. If I open a term window, as soon as I type any key, that character repeats forever. 

Any ideas?

Jim

925 Posts

Hi Ohaya , Is that kde desktop? Anwyays can u try this . Go to Computer -> Desktop Preferences -> Keyboard. Then turn off "Repeat Keys". There might be other ways as well. I will look into this.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

hi Ohaya, You can also got to keyboard settings and increase the delay . let me know what happens. Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

August 6th, 2015 20:00

Can you please try this.

Disable autorepeat in the virtual machine's display window by typing:
xset r off

Wyse PocketCloud Team

9 Posts

Hi,

After I did xfer r off, it worked for a few seconds, then stopped taking input after that.

Jim

9 Posts

Hi,

You didn't ask earlier, but FYI, I can connect to this same VNC server using vnc viewer on my Windows pc.

Jim

9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post

Hi Ohaya , Is that kde desktop? Anwyays can u try this . Go to Computer -> Desktop Preferences -> Keyboard. Then turn off "Repeat Keys". There might be other ways as well. I will look into this.
Hi,

Turning off repeat keys makes it not work (no input when I key)...

VM guest is Gnome desktop.

Jim

925 Posts

Hi ohaya, Can you please disable sticky keys in keyboard-accessibility.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post

hi Ohaya, You can also got to keyboard settings and increase the delay . let me know what happens. Thanks!
Increasing the delay didn't work either.

Jim
No Events found!