Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 30th, 2015 00:00

Have keyboard, but typing does not transfer to remote computer...

Have keyboard, but typing does not transfer to remote computer...

I've recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 that I intend to use at work as well at home and want to use PocketCloud to remote to my various computers. I have only tried this on my work computer so far, but I find that I cannot log into my remote computer because when I type on the keyboard, it is not being entered on the remote screen.

I tried a manual connection to my desktop and it got me logged in, but I still could not enter data via the keyboard. The mouse works fine as I can select screens and do anything I normally would with a mouse, but I cannot enter data via the keyboard. This is obviously a problem. Any suggestions? I had previously been able to remote in using the iPad2 that my boss had loaned me.

Thanks - Steve

Download and use another keyboard like swype until Wyse fixes it.
Like I said, the ICS keyboard worked for me with the Tab2.

1.3K Posts

What type of computer are you connecting to (XP, Vista, 7 Ultimate, Pro, Home, etc)? What type of connection are you using (RDP or VNC)? Are you using the standard keyboard on your Galaxy device or are you using a 3rd party keyboard? 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1 Message

Some problem with gtab 2. 
Connecting to win server 2003. 

It worked with my prev hh, dell streak 5.

Anyone can help? Pls mail me at arfianta@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

What type of computer are you connecting to (XP, Vista, 7 Ultimate, Pro, Home, etc)? What type of connection are you using (RDP or VNC)? Are you using the standard keyboard on your Galaxy device or are you using a 3rd party keyboard?
Same problem for me, samsung galaxy tab2 7" &10" variants using the stock (samsung) keyboard.
Works with standard ICS keyboard though not ideal.

Connecting to 2008R2 64bit, RDC obviously.

1.3K Posts

July 31st, 2015 04:00

Are you guys experiencing the trouble using a swype keyboard rather than a standard one?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

July 31st, 2015 04:00

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Are you guys experiencing the trouble using a swype keyboard rather than a standard one? 
I don't know, I don't use swype, I use the Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard and it works:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...4ucG9ydGVkIl0.

I simply suggested Swype might work.
The keyboard which came with the Galaxy Tab2 7 & 10 definitely does not work.
It'd be nice if it did though.
No Events found!