Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

August 3rd, 2015 03:00

I cannot connect thru my company computer getting error says failed

I cannot connect thru my company computer getting error says failed

I have downloaded the Pocket Cloud for my android and one for my pc here at work, my work pc name is seen in auto discovery mode ...but it says it cannot connect, i have tested the connection and have verified my gmail account ...rdp port connects but the vnc does not ...do both ports have to connect ? my company uses vpn to get into the system ....

my main goal is to use my android to get into my work pc to answer help tickets.

500 Posts

August 6th, 2015 03:00

As I understand, you are trying to connect to work PC from home, correct?
You should be able to connect from home using Auto Discovery connection without VPN.
Please make sure that your work PC Power Option is set to NEVER.

Setting > Control Panel > Power Options

Power Schemes Tab

Power Schemes: Always ON

Turn Off Monitor: NEVER
Turn Off Hard Disks: NEVER

Your computer should be always ON in order to connect to it. Just log off from you user account and leave it running.

Please let me know if it helped.

Regards

windows xp pro

500 Posts

Hi,

What Windows OS are you trying to connect at work?

2 Posts

August 13th, 2015 10:00

I work for a large company and this sure won't work for me but I know not to even bother trying. If the company you work for has implemented fire walls "they all do!" then chances are the IP address assigned to your computer probably doesn't have a rule on the firewall to let your computer send traffic over RDP / VNC ports. If the RDP / VNC ports are locked down then your not getting it to work without a firewall admin adding a rule saying 

Source > Destination > Protocol 
Your computer IP > Internet > RDP / VNC

If your employer is strict about security they wont allow it. Mine does allow for VNC remote sessions however its is secure via RSA ID tokens.

Cheers,

Mike

No Events found!