Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

July 30th, 2015 01:00

New user-Norton 360 on Win 7 Home Premium will not let me log in. Attack error

New user-Norton 360 on Win 7 Home Premium will not let me log in. Attack error

I am trying to access my computer as described above. Norton 360 is giving me an Alert Summary that is High and says that An intrusion attempt by localhost was blocked.

IPS Alert Name: Attack: VNC Large Error Response CVE- and then numbers.
Attacking Computer: localhost (127.0.0.1, 5900)
Destination Address: localhost (127.0.0.1, 5digits)
Source Address: 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
Traffic Description: TCP, Port 5900

Below that, it says:

Network traffic from localhost matchesthe signature of a known attack. The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME2\PROGRAM FILES\TIGHTVNC\TVNSERVER.EXE....

How do I change this in Norton 360 (Not Norton Internet Security) to allow the connection?

Thanks.

1.3K Posts

July 30th, 2015 01:00

I am not totally sure how to do this in Norton, but there should be an allowed applications list that you can add the PocketCloud Companion software to. You may also want to do this within your firewall as well.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

10 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 21:00

Tried that route

Under Program Rules in 360, I changed the Access level for TightVNC Server for Windows (C:\Program Files\TightVNC\tvnserver.exe) from "Auto" to "Allow"

Under Traffic Rules, I created an "Allow" Rule to allow incoming on TCP/UDP 5900.

TightVNC Service in the task bar indicates that no password has been set. Shouldn't there be one?

I went through the "9 steps" several times and I am confident that I systematically handled each one properly.

I submitted a support request with a PDF of the Norton error. Hopefully the problem will be addressed through that channel, if not here in an open forum.

BTW, Why does it seem like every time that I try to log into support, I have to request a a new password again. It never seems to store it.

1.3K Posts

August 5th, 2015 20:00

Also can you try resetting your password to see if the issue still happens on the support site:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/access/help 

Josh Maurer

10 Posts

Tried that route

Under Program Rules in 360, I changed the Access level for TightVNC Server for Windows (C:\Program Files\TightVNC\tvnserver.exe) from "Auto" to "Allow"

Under Traffic Rules, I created an "Allow" Rule to allow incoming on TCP/UDP 5900.

TightVNC Service in the task bar indicates that no password has been set. Shouldn't there be one?

I went through the "9 steps" several times and I am confident that I systematically handled each one properly.

I submitted a support request with a PDF of the Norton error. Hopefully the problem will be addressed through that channel, if not here in an open forum.

BTW, Why does it seem like every time that I try to log into support, I have to request a a new password again. It never seems to store it.

1.3K Posts

Have you tried the following?
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...ernet-security 

Josh Maurer

No Events found!