Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 1st, 2015 04:00

PC not showing up in "My Computers" using auto discovery

PC not showing up in "My Computers" using auto discovery

Am I missing something? I have the latest companion on my desktop, logged in to google account, and when I sign in with the app it tells me "any computers that have pocket cloud companion will be listed under my computers."

Well there is nothing listed there, it just shows the basic sign in page, prompting me to sign in again. I feel like this should be pretty simple, I must be doing something wrong. Please help!

Windows 7 32 bit
Droid X

23 Posts

SKtr1p,

That is not user error. That's what we professionals in the industry like to call a bug. Any gmail account should work. If not, it's a bug.

1 Message

Any resolution for this problem?

Same issue here... I've installed companion on 2 PCs and logged in with my Gmail account on both. When I log into the same Gmail account on Pocketcloud running on my Epic 4g I get a "Login Successful" message, followed by a message about how my computers should appear in the list, but I'm then returned to the home page of the app with the big "Sign In" button and no computers listed. I tried the "log in to Gmail via a browser" fix listed above, but it's still not working.

????

1 Message

having the same problem

after successfully logging in to my gmail account ( i even tried several accounts) i just get back to the landing screen... I tried the mentioned advise - but it didnt seem t solve this issue.
well not as easy as it seems.. maybe future versions will be less buggy !

3 Posts

Ok, well I figured out what it was for me, hopefully this will help others... kind of a user-error but not really. I signed in with a different gmail address and it worked. Not sure why the first one I tried didn't work, the only thing I can think of is that addressed contained a "." and perhaps this messed with the protocol? Far fetched I know. Anyway, try using a different gmail address and see if it works.

Kind of disappointed because the only thing I really needed it for was to power down my computer at night from bed, but sadly that doesn't seem to be an option in the interface   also, when using pocketcloud on the phone, it automatically logs me out on the computer, and when logging out of the phone, it does not log back in on the computer side (???)

1 Message

Same Problem. EVO

623 Posts

Three things here.
1- Loging in- You need to use the same gmail account on the PC and on PocketCloud for the PC top be autodiscovered.
2- Remote Shutdown - You can create an RDP session to your computer and select the "Console Mode". This should provide you with a "Shutdown" option from Windows Start.
3- Loging back on - When you login Remote to a Windows Desktop using RDP, it automatically logs the user off the local machine, leaving the locla screen on the Log-in scree. When the remote users logs-off from a Remote session, windows remains in the log-in screen and has no capabilities to return the screen back to the original state. VNC on the other hand, allows you to "Shadow" the machine, rather than taking it over.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

500 Posts

Hi all,

If you are having username/password issues try these steps:

1) Open browser on your Android device
2) Navigate to gmail.com.
3) Sign in with your username & password.
4) Enter your password again as well as the CAPTCHA and sign in.
5) Re-launch PocketCloud and sign into Auto Discovery. 

Best Regards
Lana

Figured it out!!

FINALLY figured it out! I had to go into my system properties; remote; and enable "allow other to access this computer remotely" via the control panel. My pc immediately showed up on my android. Hope this works for others as well!

No Events found!