Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

August 1st, 2015 04:00

PocketCloud Companion crashes immediately after opening

PocketCloud Companion crashes immediately after opening

I have installed pocketcloud companion on a virtual machine with windows xp professional on it. I was able to install the companion just fine, but when it runs it will open for less than a second, and then close. It will not remain open. It does not give any error messages. This is a fresh install of windows xp professional.

Installed Companion version 2.2.10 .

What can I do to make it run correctly?

*******RESOLVED*********

After a restart I finally got an error report thing popping up with info on the errors. Let windows update run a couple more times and now it is running fine - appears to have been resolved by windows update.

4 Posts

August 5th, 2015 22:00

Bump

Anyone have any ideas?

Just a thought - would the fact that I'm running another application using the Google Talk protocol affect pocketcloud's ability to run? I'm also running Gbridge on the computer for a simplified VPN.

500 Posts

August 12th, 2015 02:00

Rabeatz,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are investigating it.

Regards

145 Posts

August 12th, 2015 02:00

Can you take a screen shot of the error info. We recommend you to post this info as a bug in the below link
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

4 Posts

August 12th, 2015 03:00

Unfortuantely I do not have access to the error information, it was part of the Microsoft Error reporting system and I do not know how to access those previous errors. If you have not seen the edit in the first post, it appears to have been resolved by Windows Update.

I have installed it on a new virtual machine and experienced the same issue - but this time I only installed the Windows Update for .NET .

One note about both of these installations - both times I tried to install the companion, the .net part of the installation would download all but about 200kb of the .net install file and just get stuck and not download any further. I had to manually download the .net 3.5 installer and then install pocketcloud companion.

No Events found!