Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

August 1st, 2015 02:00

PocketCloud Explore

PocketCloud Explore

I downloaded pocketcloud explore today and am running into issues accessing my windows files and folders. My regular pocketcloud app is working great but the pocketcloud explore app will not load my files even though it is showing my computer and saying it is connected. If I choose my device under discovered connections it shows the search bar and my entire phone contents however when I click on my pc that is connected it shows the search bar and then acts as if it is loading but it never loads. I have checked my companion app and under folder settings all the default folders are selected. I am also running it as administrator. Has anyone else ran into this? I would really love to get this working. It looks like a really cool app if I can get it to work. Thanks

1.3K Posts

August 5th, 2015 04:00

What version of Windows are you connecting to? Are you connecting over wifi or 3G/4G and what device are you using? What version of the Companion software are you using? 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

3 Posts

August 6th, 2015 21:00

My PC is running windows 7. I have tried connecting with my galaxy nexus over 3g/4g and over wifi and tried with my Asus transformer over wifi with the same results. I have also checked the companion software for updates and it says I'm up to date. If you need any other information just let me know. Thanks

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 04:00

Email sent. Thank you for getting back to me. 

Josh Maurer

3 Posts

I have tried disabling my kaspersky software and I have tried closing out of all apps and restarting my pc but not sure if I did it all at the same time. I am going to try to start fresh with everything and the anti virus disabled all at the same time and try again. Also I have checked the windows firewall settings and everything is ok there. I will let you know how this works after I try it. Thanks

3 Posts

I had the 2.4.7 version, installed the 2.4.8 but still the same problem...

I tested on my sister's computer (same network), same thing.

3 Posts

Hello !

I have exactly the same issue as brion1.

I have a HTC Sensation under Android 4 ICS and the latest version of pocketcloud. My PC (windows 7) appears is in the list of computers, but if I click on its name, I have no folders appearing.

Can you help me please ?

Thanks

1.3K Posts

Do you have an anti-virus program installed? Can you try disabling it and then try to connect? Have you restarted your computer or device since installing the application?

If that does not help, can you send me a PM with your email address so I can send you a file to enable us to get a log from the Companion? 

Josh Maurer

500 Posts

Hi Ricky,

Please make sure you have latest Windows Companion installed 2.4.8. If not go to the website and download new one.

To check this:
Right Click on Windows Companion icon > Support > About.

Do not click on "Upgrade" to check version number. it will say PocketCloud is up to date even if it is not.

3 Posts

August 12th, 2015 04:00

When I launch the setup wizard I have this error "configuring user privileges" X

It's perhaps why I don't have access to files ?

August 12th, 2015 21:00

Hi! Got the same issue. Desktop: WIN 7.1 Home Premium PC Companion 2.4.8 SGSII: PC Explore 1.0.17. The PC appears in the list, but no file or folder is listed. Remote operation with Pocketcloud via VNC is working. Also tried my notebook with WIN 7.1 Pro. It shows same behaviour with Explore. With Pocketcloud notebook logs out when I login wit the SGSII. I assume because of using same user account for direct and remote access. Any idea?

1.3K Posts

Can you try force stopping the application and clearing the data on your Android device, and on your PC, exit the companion and restart the service manually? After doing this, log back in on the companion and on your Android device to see if it helps? 

Josh Maurer

Thanks for your answer. Yes, the window looks like the one you posted. The links are activated and existing. I just added another folder (which is not connected to windows user settings) but it doesn't appear too. 

1.3K Posts

If you right click on the Companion (kite icon) in the system tray on your computer, select Preferences, select the Folder Options tab, are any folders selected? it should look something like this: 

Josh Maurer

1 Message

August 12th, 2015 22:00

Following Thread, same problem 

Pocketcloud Vs. 2.4.8 works with my Droid X running 4.5.621.MB810.Verizon. 

Same problem as others have had in this thread. Explore identifies my computers on line but goes to do what ever its supose to do..I see the wheel turning in the left corner...but thats it.
All boxes are set up correctly in settings. Computers restarted and Droid rebooted....no luck.

Medic154@gmail.com

August 12th, 2015 22:00

Tried as you wrote. No change. In a second step I even re-installed the android version completely. No effect. PC Explore still identifies the PC and also recognizes when it goes offline or reconnects, but the File/Folder stays empty and the update circle is spinning. Disableing firewall had no effect too. 

No Events found!