Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

July 30th, 2015 21:00

PocketCloud client for RIM PlayBook

PocketCloud client for RIM PlayBook

Anyone know if Wyse will be porting over the PocketCloud client to the new RIM Playbook based on QNX?

500 Posts

We are not planning on doing it right now but we'll keep it in mind ;-)

1.3K Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have passed this along.

1 Message

While a native QNX solution would be great, please at least consider putting your Android 2.3 app on BlackBerry App World.

Android 2.3 apps will be supported on the PlayBook, but developers must repackage, code sign and submit Android 2.3 PocketCloud app to BlackBerry App World. Once approved, the app will be distributed through BlackBerry App World.

Hundreds of thousands of BlackBerry PlayBook users will be looking for a Remote Desktop app, and I hope PocketCloud is one of them!

Please make sure the WYSE "powers that be" don't miss this important opportunity!!

More info: news.yahoo.com/.../digitaltrend...tionwithacatch

russfn

I second Russfn's comments.

I hope you either port over the Android app or build new for the Playbook. I bought and use PocketCloud for my iPad, but since moving to Playbook, the only reason I even pick up the iPad is to use Wyse to remote in and work from the field. It would be REALLY nice to see you port over. With OS2 coming out next month, I really see myself shelving the iPad completely. 
Have a look at PB forums....you'll see time and time again, requests for a good Remote Desktop app. As I mentioned off the top, I've already bought PocketCloud once and will do so again if you port to Playbook.

Cheers

No Events found!