Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

August 1st, 2015 01:00

PocketCloud (logo) Window

PocketCloud (logo) Window

In my android 2.2.1 (screen size is 240x320), after connecting to windows desktop, a (android) window/form containing Wyse PocketCloud application logo (big logo) is displayed in front of the desktop and I can't get rid of (or close) that window. The window/form is incomplete, I can not see the bottom part of that window/form, I don't know if there is a confirmation or any kind of button to close it. The only way to close that (android) window/form is killing the Wyse PocketCloud.

How can I solve this problem (close that window/form) ?
Is it because my screen size (240x320) is to small for Wyse PocketCloud ?

TIA,
Regards,

1.3K Posts

August 4th, 2015 01:00

Are you possibly running a custom version of Android on your device you are seeing this on? 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No good on my Samsung galaxy fit S5670 either. Click on computer name, logo appears, with bottom section cut off, then nothing happens. Have to force close app.

6 Posts

Hi,

I'm using version 1.2.182 . 
(today, before replying I have removed the installation and installed again from android market, and got the same version 1.2.182)

Where is the latest 1.2.280? 

regards,

500 Posts

Hi,

What PocketCloud version do you run? Is it latest 1.2.280 or 1.2.182?

500 Posts

Latest Free PocketCloud is 1.2.182
Latest Paid PocketCloud is 1.2.280

So don't worry you have latest one :-)

We are looking into this issue. Can you please attach a screenshot?

BTW, what device are you using?

6 Posts

Device : Samsumg Galaxy Mini GT-S5570
Screenshot : http://ScrnSht.com/orzktj

Can you tell me how to close this window?

regards,

500 Posts

August 6th, 2015 21:00

Thank you for the screenshot!

August 11th, 2015 02:00

Hi. I didn't post a screenshot, but my screen looks eaxctly like the shot posted above. On my Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670 I am running bog-standard Gingerbread 2.3.4. I have to force-close the PocketCloud app when I get to this logo screen. 

What exactly is this screen waiting for? 

I will be happy to help with any measures you would like to test, or if there are any of my settings you need me to post here to help you out.

Regards,

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 03:00

We are looking into it guys. If you have any additional information about your devices you are seeing this on, please let me know. 

Josh Maurer

6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Are you possibly running a custom version of Android on your device you are seeing this on? 
I'm running the Android version Froyo 2.2.1 that was distributed with this smartphone. I bought it from a portuguese mobile phone company TMN, I don't know but it could be a customized version from TMN for this device.

Still waiting to try out this app. There seem to be a lot of problems with it, judging by the posts in this forum, but I'll never know as I can't get past the *** logo!

6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post

Thank you for the screenshot!

It seems that there is another forum member (webtrekker) with exactly the same problem in a similar device. 
At least I'm not the only one with this annoying logo screen blocking your application. 
I'm also available to provide more details or to do any kind of tests to help you find the problem.
I hope that you can find a solution and/or correct the problem in a future version.
Regards,

6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post

Thanks for the reply Josh. I can't think of anything out of the ordinary running on my device. I have plenty of memory available, both internal and on SD card. I have no issues with my wifi connection. Sorry I can't be of more help to you. 
I've managed to pass the screen logo by pressing AND holding the "Menu Key" [Left Button]. When the logo disappears, press "Menu Key" (once) to see menu options and disconnect. If you press "Back Key" [Right Button] you will get the logo again.

This week I'll test (before buying pro) this (free) version in a real world situation, with another device (larger screen), trying to control (remotely) a windows application.

Like you said "judging by the posts in this forum" I really don't know if it will work, if it will give me more problems, if I will get support for solving future problems!?

1.3K Posts

I am thinking this may be an issue with smaller resolution devices. We are still investigating it here and have yet to reproduce it. Please keep us posted. 

Josh Maurer

Thanks for the reply Josh. I can't think of anything out of the ordinary running on my device. I have plenty of memory available, both internal and on SD card. I have no issues with my wifi connection. Sorry I can't be of more help to you.

No Events found!