Problem with XP Pro and Office 2003 Pro
PocketCloud seems excellent, and we have found it most useful. However, a few days ago we found that one of our XP Pro PCs started to have problems - specifically, Office 2003 Pro hung in menu windows, and Windows Update hung in IE8. To cut a (very, very long!) story short, nothing sensible seemed to rectify the situation. We then found exactly the same problem on a second PC (XP Pro, Office 2003 Standard), and realized that the common denominator was PocketCloud. Uninstalling PocketCloud quickly rectified the situatioon on both PCs.
We wouldn't have found this problem if we hadn't used certain areas of Office, and Windows Update, but we know these were working OK until a couple of weeks ago. It seems likely that something in a recent update of PocketCloud caused the situation.
We haven't re-installed PocketCloud yet - we'd like to, but would prefer to wait until the source of the problem is found.
Thank you for reporting this issue.
Could you please tell me what PocketCloud version do you use?
What PocketCloud Windows Companion do you use?
Is it manual connection or auto discovery?
What applications do you use in Office 2003?
I use PocketCloud for Android. The Windows Companion must have been the version that was in-date about 10 days ago. I use auto-discovery.
I use most apps on Office 2003, but the problem showed itself in both Word and Excel (I didn't try any other app once the problem occurred). When an Office menu caused a selection window to open, only one selection was allowed on that window before a hang occurrred. If the hang was left for about 2 min, a message stated that the app was waiting for another app to complete an ole operation.
Windows update was hanging in IE8 as soon as it started to scan the pc for updates. The only way to fiox this seemed to be to downgrade from IE8 to IE6 (until I removed PocketCloud Windows Companion!).
We also noticed instability while browsing in both IE8 and Firefox - both apps would hang after about 10 mins of browsing. This was also fixed by removing Windows Companion.
Note that this happened on two entirely different PCs.