Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

August 5th, 2015 21:00

Screen Resolution for Nexus 7

Screen Resolution for Nexus 7

I recently acquired a Nexus 7 tablet and installed Pocketcloud on it, but was disappointed to see that I was only allowed to pick from predefined resolutions for my remote RDP sessions and miss the 'Automatic' setting I enjoy on my Galaxy Nexus. Also, the setting to turn off the status bar appears to be missing from this version of the client as well.

Is there a plan to modify either of these issues in the near future?

Thanks!

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 22:00

Since the device is so new, we are currently working on fixing the UI issues you are seeing. It seems as though the app looks closer to normal while in landscape orientation, but unfortunately the Jelly Bean soft button bar will cover the taskbar with any resolution the device is set to. Hopefully with the next release we will have fixes for the UI on this device.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

5 Posts

Any update on when we might see a fix for these UI issues? I used PocketCloud all of the time to access my work machines, but it is a bit harder to navigate now that I have my Nexus 7.

1.3K Posts

The status bar setting is not there because the device uses tablet UI, the status bar setting is only for mobile phones with a smaller screen. As for the touch pointer, we are currently working on being able to hide the touch pointer when a Bluetooth mouse is connected. That should be available in a future release.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by optikhog View Post
I recently acquired a Nexus 7 tablet and installed Pocketcloud on it, but was disappointed to see that I was only allowed to pick from predefined resolutions for my remote RDP sessions and miss the 'Automatic' setting I enjoy on my Galaxy Nexus. Also, the setting to turn off the status bar appears to be missing from this version of the client as well.

Is there a plan to modify either of these issues in the near future?

Whoops, I figured out that I had the 'free' version of Pocketcloud installed on my Tablet. Installing my licensed copy of the 'Pro' version fixed my 'automatic' setting but I'm still curious about the status bar setting. Also, is there a way to hide the touch pointer completely for times when I'm using a bluetooth mouse?

Thanks!

1.3K Posts

Unfortunately I still do not have a release date from engineering, but the next release will resolve the UI issues for the Nexus 7. My apologies for the wait / inconvenience.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

nexus 7 screen resolution.

I purchased and installed pro on my nexus 7, when I use it in automatic resolution setting, my server screen is cutoff at the bottom so I can't see the taskbar without scrolling. This seems to be because of tge jelly bean soft button bar when in landscape mode. Should I manually changr the resolution, and if so, what to? I have tried a few screen settings but the task bar is always cut off.

No Events found!