Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

August 2nd, 2015 00:00

Session Disconnected only over internet

Session Disconnected only over internet

I have PocketCloud installed on my Droid X and my Xoom. I am using Auto Discovery with VNC. Loopback is turned on. It works fine when my Droid X or my Xoom are connected to my wireless network. However, when I switch to my 3G connection my PCs still show but, when I select them it attempts to connect and then after about 60 seconds I get a session disconnected error.

Am I missing a setting or something?

Thanks,
Dan

16 Posts

I have exact same problem, but on my side I get a session disconnected error after about 30-60 minutes on 3G or Wi-Fi. It's would be nice if the developer can add automatic reconnect option to solve this disconnection problem.

With my PC, I can stay connected to RDP for days, but with the PocketCloud app, it always disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by dej111 View Post

I have PocketCloud installed on my Droid X and my Xoom. I am using Auto Discovery with VNC. Loopback is turned on. It works fine when my Droid X or my Xoom are connected to my wireless network. However, when I switch to my 3G connection my PCs still show but, when I select them it attempts to connect and then after about 60 seconds I get a session disconnected error.

Am I missing a setting or something?

Thanks,
Dan

925 Posts

Hi Mana,
When your session gets disconnected, Are you able to reconnect?
In pc , network is constant, does not change really, but on mobile device you are moving between different types of network-
so it is possible that you loose connection.
We will definitly look into this and do our best.
Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

2 Posts

August 5th, 2015 00:00

Actually, I got it to work once today. I was connected while wireless. I turned off wireless on the xoom to test the hotspot feature on the xoom. Anyway, I stayed connected on 3g for about 30 min. Then I set the xoom down for 10 min and lost connection. Now I can't connect even wireless. So, I launched the auto discovery on the PC. When I test, UltraVNC gives an error "Remote connection could not connect to 127.0.0.1. While the diagnostic test says it is configurd correctly.

16 Posts

August 5th, 2015 00:00

No, the app keep "force close". 

I dont think it's network related. With my PC, on the same Wi-Fi connection or 3G (when I use tethering), I can stay connected for days. If I compare with my other apps, i.e. trillian, skype, etc., I can stay connected for days without reconneting on the phone too.

I need to have RDP connection always connected because I need to ear the different alarm of my software, i.e., livechat, helpdesk, etc. Did you think it's possible or it's a limitation with the RDP technologies and Android OS?

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post
Hi Mana,
When your session gets disconnected, Are you able to reconnect?
In pc , network is constant, does not change really, but on mobile device you are moving between different types of network-
so it is possible that you loose connection.
We will definitly look into this and do our best.
Thank you!

925 Posts

August 6th, 2015 23:00

Hi dej111, If you kill the app and start over, Are you able to connect ? we are just trying to narrow down the issue.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!