Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 01:00

Smart Touch Pointer not opening or closing programs

Smart Touch Pointer not opening or closing programs

No problem connecting to remote computer on office network-- WinXP Pro, with PocketCloud companion ver 2.4.12 -- using Vizio Tablet VTAB1008 with android ver. 3.2.1 HTK55. and VCN connection / discovery mode. PocketCloud ver 1.2.182 on the tablet. 
Smart touch moves around desktop fine, just won't activate any programs. Pointer clicks, but nothing happens. The scroll feature on the pointer does nothing either. Keyboard pops up fine. Zoom toggle works.

1.3K Posts

August 5th, 2015 19:00

It is possible that you are in view only mode. Please follow the instructions on the knowledge-base topic below on how to resolve this:

http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...teract-with-it

If you are still having trouble, please let me know and we can further troubleshoot the issue. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

20 Posts

August 5th, 2015 19:00

I am connecting to a Win XP pro. Which has Ultra VNC installed. not tightVNC. Will further troubleshoot Friday morning when back at this office computer.

1.3K Posts

August 5th, 2015 20:00

Would you be willing to try uninstalling Ultra VNC and trying TightVNC? I am curious if you would experience the same issue with it. Be sure to uninstall any other VNC clients you may have installed because having multiple VNC clients installed can cause issues with connections for your computer. 

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Alright, with UltraVNC uninstalled, download the latest version of TightVNC here:
http://tightvnc.com/download.php

After installing that, try running the diagnostics again to see if port 5900 is listening. Once it is, try connecting to your pc again. 

Josh Maurer

20 Posts

Josh, I control panel deleted UltaVNC. Restarted computer and UltraVNC reappeared in programs list. So I deleted again. Did not restart. I uninstalled Pocket Cloud companion and reinstalled, but it never ask for password for VNC. Should it have installed TightVNC during setup? Now on Preferences / run diagnostics - VNC is not listening on port 5900. Do I need to download TightVNC from their website? And if I restart computer is UltraVNC going to show up again and conflict with TightVNC? Appreciate your help.

20 Posts

What should settings be on ultravnc? I unchecked "disable viewers input"

20 Posts

Still no interaction. Connects to remote fine, can move smart touch around just fine.. But will not interact when selection clicked. Deleted and reinstalled both remote and companion

No Events found!