Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 21:00

Support for google apps account

Support for google apps account

Are there any plans to add support to use google apps email account instead of just gmail accounts?

Thanks

544 Posts

July 30th, 2015 21:00

Hi - We already have support for this. It should work just fine as long as you don't have 2-factor authentication enabled.

-Chris

3 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 23:00

I installed the free version of the App on galaxy tab, but it does not allow me to put in a email address which does not end in "gmail.com". I tried to enter user@xyz.com but when I click on the next button, following error message is dispalyed "Please add gmail.com to your username" 
What am I missing?

3 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 23:00

Never got it to work by not using the setup guide but doing a manual setup. The problem still exists if you use the Setup guide.

925 Posts

August 9th, 2015 21:00

Hi All,
If you are using apps account, please make sure gtalk is enabled on that account.
Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

Hold on. How does this work for your corporate clients? Like steve@apple.combill@microsoft.com or obama@whitehouse.gov?

I woulda thunk PocketCloud would not ignore those legions. I guess not. Wow.

geosynch

3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
PocketCloud utilizes the Google App Engine infrastructure and does not support non Google/Gmail addresses at this time.

Too bad. I use my branded domain, which is a Google App account; i.e. me@mydomain.com. Yes, I could get a gmail account, but I have enough accounts and passwords, thanks.

I'll keep looking for a RDP app....

geosynch

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psrtx View Post
I installed the free version of the App on galaxy tab, but it does not allow me to put in a email address which does not end in "gmail.com". I tried to enter user@xyz.com but when I click on the next button, following error message is dispalyed "Please add gmail.com to your username" 
What am I missing?

PocketCloud utilizes the Google App Engine infrastructure and does not support non Google/Gmail addresses at this time.

544 Posts

August 10th, 2015 23:00

Geosync - You can manually configure your connection which does not require any sort of e-mail (Gmail) login. Here are the instructions for that: http://wysetechnologyinc.zendesk.com...on-your-router

3 Posts

August 11th, 2015 00:00

Ah. Thanks, Chiris. I'll give that a shot and report back.

geosynch

500 Posts

August 11th, 2015 00:00

Hi all,
Thank you for reporting the issue with Google Apps accounts.
You can avoid this issue by NOT entering Google Apps account in Wizard. Just skip wizard, go directly to PocketCloud Computers List > App Settings > Enter Google App account into Auto Discovery. You'll be able to login

Regards

No Events found!