Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

July 28th, 2015 06:00

Swype

Unhappy Swype

I'm on a galaxy note with the latest version of pocketcloud/Swype and Cannot ever enter text correctly. I use pockets the app in clinic on my note to connect to a rdp server and need to be able to enter text quickly and accurately. Is there a workaround for this that doesn't involve pecking at my table? ? Standard keyboards are completely unusable for this purpose!

7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

My apologies for the inconvenience. You could try using a 3rd party swipe keyboard from the Google Play store to see if it has better results. The next couple releases we will be doing will have many keyboard fixes and enhancements.

Tried every keyboardist can think of and not none of them work. How long is it going to be before you release a fix?! Other people have complained about the same freaking thing more than a year ago! What exactly are you working on? Doesn't seem to be a keyboard or input method that you can use in real life...

1.3K Posts

Are you using the Free or Pro version of the application? If you are using Free, can you download/install the latest update available on the Google Play store? Please let me know if this helps or not.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

My apologies for the inconvenience. You could try using a 3rd party swipe keyboard from the Google Play store to see if it has better results. The next couple releases we will be doing will have many keyboard fixes and enhancements.

Josh Maurer

7 Posts

July 29th, 2015 01:00

Thumbs down On stock, paid for pro, everything installed and up to date.

I can ALMOST use swype with the latest update. Except now I have to hit space between every word. Which slows my WPM from around 50 - 60 to almost 30 with errors. Aggravating.

I paid for the pro version of the application. I've got a samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet and a galaxy note phone. The tablet is on a stock OS and the phone is rooted but running a version of ICS. All have been updated to latest versions. The computer(s) are up to date, as is the companion. Windows 7 on one, server 2008 on another machine, and win 8 on a 3rd machine.

Even WITH THE COMPANION and PRO version of the software installed on the mobile devices, text fields and the keyboard popping up automatically STILL does not work.

I am pretty fed up with this whole process. The tech support has been outright useless. 

7 Posts

July 29th, 2015 02:00

Josh - Paid for the pro version, companion installed. Everything up to date on all machines. Still can't find a keyboard that works except to "peck" at the keys. That did not help.

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 01:00

Hey guys, our apologies for the troubles you have been having with the swype keyboard. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the next few releases we are working on will have many improvements with the keyboard (including the swype keyboard).

As for the automatic keyboard popup, are you seeing this behavior in a specific application(s)? 

Josh Maurer

No Events found!