Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

July 31st, 2015 01:00

Unhandled Exception MS XP prevents opening the companion and spoils MS system

Unhappy Unhandled Exception MS XP prevents opening the companion and spoils MS system

Hi
A this stage attempting to open the free download of Windows (XP) Pocketcloud companion it downloads OK but when opening it spoils MS graphics magnifies by 400% and I get "Ünhandled exception".
Only remedy is to quit and remove the program. Not easy because all MS controls are compromised, hard to access and very slow. Unable to get help from Wyse help centre for this free version but would not purchase Pro until this problem is solved. Catch 22.
Any help very welcome.
Thanks
Peter

August 21st, 2015 03:00

Josh, Yes a remote session is OK but please tell me if this software has been tried in XP before.
I am free this all day if you would like to make a time. I will check your other post.
Peter

1.3K Posts

Peter, thanks for sending in your screen shot. What version are you attempting to uninstall? You cannot install the base version of .NET (v2.2), but you can remove .NET 3.0 and/or 3.5. After removing those versions of .NET, install .NET 3.0 or 3.5 again. If you are still having trouble, you can try to repair .NET.

Josh
I followed your link and lodged a request and screen shot with help centre and left your name. They already have a request from me on this subject but I have no reply because I am using the free version. As I posted before I am not prepared to buy the software if the companion cannot be operated. We need to fix the unhandled exception first. 
Thanks
Peter

August 21st, 2015 04:00

Josh
I have not received your message direct. Please try: peterjfharris@netspace.net.au
Thanks
Peter

1.3K Posts

August 21st, 2015 04:00

Peter, I just sent you a email directly for details on setting up a remote session.

No Events found!