Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 04:00

Waiting for remote sign in...forever

Question Waiting for remote sign in...forever

I am a new user trying to get remote access to my workplace network on a samsung captivate with Android OS. I have set up the google account with gmail, downloaded the free version of Wyse Pocket Cloud, but cannot get it to work. On the Pocket cloud set up, I put in my gmail address and password then hit next...and it stays stuck waiting for remote sign in. 

I could very well be missing something basic as I cannot find any instructions.

If you have ideas, I would love to hear them

14 Posts

August 6th, 2015 08:00

lana & Suchitha,
Some of these posts got out of sequence, but I wanted to make sure I thanked you both for all the help you offered. The manual set up and the manual activation of the keyboard (auto activate did not work) fixed everything.
thanks again,

ratbird

14 Posts

lana,
I am wondering if there is not something way more basic that I am doing wrong. Since I have not had the opportunity to put in any settings, there should not be an issue of connectivity with Companion. How does my phone know which computer or network it is trying to connect to when I have not had the opportunity to enter any specific information about the computer or network. This feels to me like an installation problem because I am not getting the chance to put in any identifying information for my network. 

I am opening up the program on the phone and choosing "new user" and entering my credentials
That is as far as I get. I do not see how this could be a network issue as the phone would not "know" what it was searching for. My next door neighbor could have pocketcloud companion on their computer and my phone would not know to recognize that without the specific information I have not had a chance to enter.

Is any of this making sense?

500 Posts

Ratbird, 

you can avoid to enter your Windows Login every single time by next steps:

Press and Hold your computer name > click EDIT > enter user name and password of this computer > save > connect.
You will connect to your PC automatically

No Events found!