Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 22:00

Windows 7 - Connection Issues

Windows 7 - Connection Issues

? Tyring to Connect from my Xoom (andriod tablet) to my Windows 7 PC. Hanging up or Disconeting from Session - before it starts.

Specs: This is the set up: Windows 7 Ultimate (64x), Norton 360 Antivirus, PocketCloud Pro, the pad is the Xoom, Andriod 3.0 (wifi version)

Windows 7:
Alright, spent a bit getting the VPN and RDP to not get errors. With the VPN program (TightVNC) I got the port and VNC to work with out error.

Xoom: Now the PocketCloud, sees the computer I am trying to log into and allows me to connect - kinda. Says "Connecting" then after 30 seconds or so, it gives me the message "Session Disconttected" and allows me to exit

Alternate Setting I tried
Windows 7: Went to Control Panel > System Security > System Properties > Remote Access > Allow Remote Access

Xoom: This gets me a new Computer on The Pocketcloud with a different symbol next to it (to little arrows > <). Wen I try to connect, This just tries to connect, and it hangs up forever and nothing happens. I have to force the app to shut down

I figure there is some more security I have to work around, could be Norton or even Windows 7 fighting me on this. I am not for sure. Help and Sudgestion would be good.

Post links!...

3 Posts

July 31st, 2015 22:00

Issue Partial Resolved. When I was trying to get the system to work I installed the Tightvnc program - virtual network connection. This morning I was poking around the help FAQ and ran across a problem that sounded similar to mine. I am able to connect remotely from inside my network. I will attempt to connect from a freinds house here shortly.

Solutiuon: I removed the Tightvnc from Windows and connected the Xoom through the RDN. Now thr program seems to work.

Now the PocketCloud Client gives a VPN error on port 5900 and the RDN port works.

500 Posts

August 11th, 2015 04:00

Timidon,

This is CORRECT behavior. If you dont have VNC installed on PC then it will give you VNC error (because you do NOT have VNC on your PC).
But you have RDP and it works. You are able to conenct. That is ALL you need on Windows 7 Ultimate :-)

3 Posts

Thank you. I am new to the whole remote accessing of my computer system. Find it neat so to speak. The Tablet (Xoom) is pretty fun. I like it becasue of the big screen (readable), just looking for some apps now. Alright, off to do more testing, to much Portal 2... 

925 Posts

Hi Timidon, Do you have ' loopback connections allowed' option enabled for your tightvnc?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!