Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

August 1st, 2015 20:00

Windows 7 ultimate sp1 connection issue

Windows 7 ultimate sp1 connection issue

Have set up pocket cloud and also the companion on the pc.
All settings are correct as far as i can tell and seem to be judging by what happens.
Apon logging in i am seeing the 2 user accounts i have set up, while on the pc i am currently logged into my account.
If i select my account and enter the pass word the pc logs itself back out to user select screen and the Pocket cloud app is now showing the windows 7 welcome screen. This is where i loose connection as when the pc logs out to user select the Pc's wifi connection goes down and session is terminated.

It looks as if Windows 7 will not allow the same user to log on twice, once on PC and the second from remote. Or that it will not allow 2 users at same time.

How do i get around this please?

Cheers
Talonlan

2 Posts

lana,
Could you please walk through this. I can't find a console option on Pocketcloud Companion or PocketCloud on my Xoom tablet.
Thanks,
Jim A

500 Posts

Consol Switch is located in MANUAL Connection only
Click Add Connection + 
Select RDP icon
Enter Host Address - IP address of your PC
Enter User name and password
Switch Consol Mode ON
Save

2 Posts

Lightbulb Still Stuck

Lana,thanks for our help, but I'm still stuck.

I assume the instructions below refer to the app on my Xoom. I can find the console switch and it is on. I'have all'the info for'setting up'a manual connection--except for domain,'but that doesn't keep me from connecting; however the Win machine keeps logging off.
Any other thoughts? I need to'control a PowerPoint presentation from my Xoom.
Thanks again,
Jim A. In KY

Quote Originally Posted by lana View Post

Consol Switch is located in MANUAL Connection only
Click Add Connection + 
Select RDP iconne
Enter Host Address - IP address of your PC
Enter User name and password
Switch Consol Mode ON
Save

925 Posts

Talon,can you try a manual connection with console mode on. Does that work?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi Talan, Adam, You can use vnc on windows 7. RDP limitation on windows7-no multiple users. 
you can try windows2003 or 2008 if you want to use rdp.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

500 Posts

Talonlan,

RDP will not allow two connections at the same time from device and PC using Auto Discovery. Please try to use manual connections. There is a Console mode option, turn it on and if you are the administrator of this PC you'll be able to login from both PC and Device at the same time

No Events found!