Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

August 10th, 2015 00:00

Windows Companion Auto Discovery won't login to google?

Windows Companion Auto Discovery won't login to google?

Hi, I am having an issue with the auto discovery on the side of windows. I open up the auto discovery, I go to put in my Gmail credentials and everytime I try to login I get a login failed. It is absoultely the correct email addy and password as I tried logging into gmail itself with no issues.

Anyone have this problem?

145 Posts

This issue is reported for first time. Please let me know below details to root cause the issue.

1. What OS are you running?
2. Can you try login with google talk application?
3. Can you use some other gmail account to verify this is not an issue with the email?

6 Posts

I am also having the same issue.

I am using windows 7 ultimate. Logging in with my gmail account. My phone is the dell streak running 2.1 android.

When initiating the windows companion or I log in, the connection will be successful between phone and pc. Usually after logging out on the phone, or after a while, I will not be able to reconnect and this is due to the windows companion being logged out or something on the PC. The windows companion does not state it is logged out when observed on the PC, but when you manually log out and then log back in, connections can be resumed.

I am really eager to buy the full version of this app, but this issue needs to be resolved before I commit.

I'd appreciate it if I can be notified when this issue specifically has been addressed.

145 Posts

There are possibilities of corporate firewall is blocking outgoing connections other than http. You could verify this by loging with google talk application.

145 Posts

A new version of windows companion software (v2.1.1) is available for download. Please try to see if this issue is fixed

145 Posts

We are glad to know you could able to resolve the issue.

1 Message

The same here, Windows 7 Professional, Windows Companion logs out from google when I log out on PC.

I am having the same issue.

1 - Windows 7 and I get the same error logging in fro my droid x with verizon.
2 - yes I can
3 - Same error with other gmail account.

6 Posts

I dont believe so, but I am trying to determine that; whether once in the log-in screen, the.laptop automatically hibernates after.some time, as far as im aware, it follows the same rules.you set, in which case it doesnt go to sleep.

Win7 detected a problem with it today stating the graphics driver needed updating, i applied some updates and it has since been okay, however, im not certain hhis has resolved the issue. I'll report back to tell you whether the matter is fully resolved.
thanks for your help

925 Posts

we have seen issues with computer restart . It might be related as well. It will be addressed soon.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

145 Posts

Is your computer in sleep mode/hibernate when the computer becomes offline in your device?

6 Posts

Exclamation New Pocket Cloud Companion version

I downloaded the new version of the windows pocket cloud companion yesterday and it is still not maintaining a connection after longer periods of time.

Possibly because it cant reconnect when the Windows is logged out. I'm not sure; you can log in once, twice maybe, but after a prolonged period no luck.

To re initiate the connection, you have to log back into the computer AND completely restart Pocket Cloud companion. Then I'd have to go to Control Panel, Admin Tools, Services and restart the Service.

Does that highlight the problem at all?

Windows7Pro, Dell Streak Andro 2.1

6 Posts

Smile Update: Pocket Cloud Companion Log In

Hello, I am writing to confirm that the connection has remained consistent over the last day and that I believe the Windows Companion is working fine now. In the way that I have I used it over the last day, I know for sure that the previous version wouldn't have been able to reconnect. However, worth noting is that it does at times take several attempts to reconnect, where the the app will claim it cant make a connection, stating that the remot server is offline or whatever, but if you stick with it and keep trying it does reconnect. Thanks for your help, I can now buy the full version!

1 Message

Hi!
I'm using Windows XP PRO in two computers. At home I was able to log in to google and the computer shows on my discoverable machines.
But i'm trying to do it at work and everytime says login failed? Could it be firewall settings? Am i going to have to ask IT to open a port or redirect a port? I am using v2.1.1.

Thanks,Fafel

No Events found!