Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 03:00

Windows Companion service doesn't automatically start

I've been looking through other posts to find someone else that may have asked this question before, but couldn't find one.

I've been having trouble with the Windows Companion. It does not automatically start when my laptop is started. I always have to go to services and start it manually. The properties for the service are set for Automatic though.

I have Windows 7 - 32 bit Home Premium installed. I'm using the Pocket Cloud free version on my Android phone.

When I do start the service manually, everything works fine and I love the app.

Any ideas to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks

925 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 06:00

Hi Harry, Can you please look into your event viewer logs.
Does that report any warning or errors or anything related to pocketcloud .
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

5 Posts

I restarted my laptop. The PocketCloud service did not automatically start. 

In Event Viewer, under Administrative Events, there are 2 related errors:

One, for Service Control Manager that says:
A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Wyse PocketCloud service to connect.

and a second one, also for Service Control Manager that says:
The Wyse PocketCloud service failed to start due to the following error: 
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Under Windows Logs, Applications...

there is something that MIGHT be related... there are 3 events for "SignInAssistant". The description is:

----------------
The description for Event ID 0 from source SignInAssistant cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
----------------

I hope this helps.

500 Posts

It is coming soon with many new features and improved stability. We are doing everything to make it better.

5 Posts

I checked. The only events I can find related to PockedCloud are when I manually started the service, it creates an event that says Service Started. I haven't found any errors.

925 Posts

Hi Harry, What is the version of companion on your windows 7?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

5 Posts

I have version 2.2.0

I've clicked on the "Check for Updates" item and it says it is the most current version.

3 Posts

I am having the same problem...

Same problem..Service won't start automatically, same errors in event view...I am running the latest version as of today (August 28, 2011, in fact it just did an update a couple of days ago).

When will this be fixed?

Thanks,

925 Posts

Please restart your computer again and, do not start the service. let us know the event log details.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

500 Posts

HarryU,

Thank you for reporting. This issue should be fixed in next Windows Companion release

Regards

5 Posts

When will that be? Is there any other solution in the meantime?

August 11th, 2015 05:00

Hi!
I have the same issue, with the Window Companion for PocketCloud not automatically loading upon Windows login, even though I have it set to do so in the preferences. I checked the "Start up" folder in my Start Menu and it isn't in there. As I was typing this post, I copied a shortcut to Windows Companion Service to the Start Up folder and hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Thank you and best regards, Barbara

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 06:00

Quote Originally Posted by Ocarinas View Post
Hi!
I have the same issue, with the Window Companion for PocketCloud not automatically loading upon Windows login, even though I have it set to do so in the preferences. I checked the "Start up" folder in my Start Menu and it isn't in there. As I was typing this post, I copied a shortcut to Windows Companion Service to the Start Up folder and hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Thank you and best regards, Barbara

Hello Ocarinas,

What version of the companion are you using? The latest version available is 2.2.15. What version of Windows are you using?       

No Events found!