Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2015 20:00

Wyse PocketCloud Auto Discovery

Wyse PocketCloud Auto Discovery

I am trying to use the (free) PocketCloud RDP/VNC Android App (1.2.103) and PocketCloud Windows Companion (2.1.14) clients. When I'm prompted to enter my Google Account information, I am receiving a 'Login Failed' error message on both clients.

I have successfully verified the info against Gmail.com and am wondering where to go from here.

Quote Originally Posted by lana View Post

On Android device please try to go to Browser > Gmail.com > login with your gmail account and then Launch PocketCloud again and try to login again in Auto Discovery with same Gmail account
Lana,
All done. Error message now being generated states "Username or password is in invalid format". I've tried both @gmail.com and just for UserName, in addition to rekey'ing the password for both to no effect.

500 Posts

On Android device please try to go to Browser > Gmail.com > login with your gmail account and then Launch PocketCloud again and try to login again in Auto Discovery with same Gmail account

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post

Matt, If you have any special character or number please switch to the appropriate keyboard . I mean use only primary characters and not secondary(letters u get while pressing and holding letter). example, if you have have numbers switch to number keyboard.
Suchitha,
No special characters are present. I've tried the email address using both "@gmail.com" and without to the same effect. Also, there is no "number" pad on this Droid so those values have to be entered via the ALT key.

Is there something I need to do to my phone prior to installing the app? I guess I'm confused as to what the problem is, since I know the data I'm entering is my correct login info for Gmail.

925 Posts

Hi Matt, Can you also go to the device browser, login there first before you signup on the app.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

500 Posts

Matt, what Android Device are you using?
Is there any other keyboards that you can use. 
Go to Android Settings > Keyboard and see if there is a SWYPE keyboard or any other keyboards you can use.
For some reason your keyboard gives wrong characters input and that is why you are getting "Username or password is in invalid format". 
Correct format is - name@gmail.com

925 Posts

Matt, If you have any special character or number please switch to the appropriate keyboard . I mean use only primary characters and not secondary(letters u get while pressing and holding letter). example, if you have have numbers switch to number keyboard.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!