Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

July 29th, 2015 00:00

can not connect Android 4.0.3.phone

can not connect Android 4.0.3.phone

I have an HTC Android 4.0.3.

If I have my wi-fi on and in the office I can connect to my computer using Pocket Cloud without any problems.

If I turn off my wi-fi and connect to our SonicWall TZ100 through Sonicwall Mobile connect, then try to connect to my computer using Pocket Cloud I get "Could not connect to server" I have tried using the IP address of my computer and tried the computer name and I get the same results. In Sonicwall webpage I see that I am connected with an IP address from the sonicwall and Mobile Connect does say that I am connected.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks so much.

i have gone through the ""Could Not Connect to server" - RDP Top 7 reasons that can cause this message on an Android device." KB.

Reasons 1 and 2 (Connection to server cannot be established using a Manually created connection) are not the issue. i can connect through the wi-fi in the building.
Reason 3 (The remote PC is turned off, hibernating or if a Virtual Machine, in Pause mode.) is not the issue. The computer is not turned off, hibernating or VM)
Reason 4 (There is no Wi-Fi or 3G/4G network connection available on your mobile device. This applies to auto discovered and manually created connections) I can get into out SonicWall and I can see it on the SonicWall Web page showing me the IP address that I am connected to.
Reason 5 (This normally happens with manually created connection and:
An incorrect IP address is defined (IP ADDRESS IS CORRECT AS I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CONNECT THROUGH WI-FI WHEN IN BUILDING)
You are trying to connect through a different wireless network and port-forwarding is not defined on your router (ONLY ONE WIRELESS NETWORK HERE, AND PORT FORWARDING IS DEFINED ON ROUTER)
You are trying to connect through a cell network and port-forwarding is not defined on your router (NOT THE CASE)
Reason 6 User not authorized for remote access (I AM AUTHORIZED FOR REMOTE ACCESS)
Reason 7 Windows Firewall is enabled and it's blocking access to PocketCloud. This can also be caused by a third part firewall blocking access. Please review the documentation for your specific firewall. (FIREWALL IS ENABLED HOWEVER POCKETCLOUD IS NOT BEING BLOCKED. 

I hope someone out there can shed some light on this issue for me. 

What gets me is that I can access my computer when I am in the office and connected through wi-fi. 
when i am not connected through the wi-fi and using 4G, I can connect to the Sonicwall tz100 however can not connect to my computer using the PocketCloud. 

thanks in advance and it is greatly appreciated!

1.3K Posts

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Are you entering the domain when you are trying to connect outside of your works wifi network?

Could you try temporarily disabling the firewall to see if you are able to connect?

Have you tried using auto-discovery to see if you can connect?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!