Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 00:00

pocket cloud zoom tablet to mac - i cant connect

pocket cloud zoom tablet to mac - i cant connect

My zoom tablet is unable to connect to My Mac. I set it up via vpn with IP address. Constantly tells me cannot connect to server

1.3K Posts

July 31st, 2015 00:00

Hello yankeegyrl23, here is information about setting up a VPN connection from the PocketCloud user guide:

Your work organization may use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to provide access to the “business” network (work resources) from devices (your laptop, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Android, and so on) outside that network. To connect your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Android to a VPN, you must know specific information about how to connect and the various settings you have to enter to be able to connect. You must obtain this information from your network administrator. After you have that information, you can configure your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Android to connect to the VPN as described in your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Android documentation.

After configuring your VPN connection, be sure to turn VPN on according to your device documentation (for example, for iPhone, tap Settings and turn VPN ON) before attempting to use it.

Please let me know if this helps.

August 6th, 2015 01:00

Josh sorry took me so long to get back to you. You should get 5 stars for this one. This fixed my problem and I now connect with no problem.
Thank you

1.3K Posts

Great news. Thanks for the update.

Josh,
I think I explained my problem wrong. I set up the pocket cloud on my Android zoom tablet as follows - Operating System - Mac - Host Address - I put in my mac ip address, User name and password match the mac, Port # 5900 - I always get the Connection Failed - Could not connect to server 
Thanks

1.3K Posts

Are you using the PocketCloud Companion application on your Mac computer or are you just manually connecting via VNC? 

Here are instructions to enable a VNC connection on your Mac:

http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...erver-on-a-mac

Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

No Events found!