Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

July 31st, 2015 02:00

pocketcloud could not connect to server

pocketcloud could not connect to server

I'm connected on my PC. I have Windows 7 Professional, and my phone is an LG Axis Android. On the phone it logs into my google account and shows me my computer in the 'My Computers' list, but when I click on it, it says 'Connecting', for about 10 seconds and then gives me the 'Could not connect to server' error.

3 Posts

August 4th, 2015 01:00

I am having the same problem. How do I find my IP address and use it to try to connect?

925 Posts

August 4th, 2015 01:00

HI Jw, Can you please use ipaddress of the remote machine instead of name. Does that work? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

August 9th, 2015 23:00

My XP Pro does not give option to "Allow Connection from computers running any version" or at least I cannot find it.

925 Posts

If it says session disconnected then it is not NLA related. 
Are you doing a manual connection or auto connection?
Is this RDP or vnc?
If rdp, can you make sure the user is in the access control list in rdp settings. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

That worked. Thank you.

3 Posts

I should have added that my PC is running Windows 7 Pro. I am trying to connect via a Motorola Xoom tablet.

3 Posts

Android Captivate keeps saying "Session Disconnected" Why? 

Quote Originally Posted by lana View Post

Hi all,

What PocketCloud app do you use, is it Free or Paid version?
Please check if NLA is ON your PC. You can turn it OFF on PC and then try to connect again
Start > right click on Computer > Properties > Remote Settings > Under Remote Tab check if "Allow Connections from computers running ANY version.. (less secure) is checked

I am new to this. Android Captivate keeps saying "Session Disconnected" Why?

925 Posts

Hi Jim,

Network level authentication. It is the authentication process handled even before windows login authentication.
so if you are not able see the login screen at all it could be the reason.
It is one of the options you set while configuring rdp settings on windows. 

So inorder to do a manual rdp to your desktop,
Start > right click on Computer > Properties > Remote Settings > Under Remote Tab check "Allow Connections from computers running ANY version..
use the + sign on your mobile device to create a manual connection entering your windows username and password.

Now connect. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

I did everything listed but still get no connection. I must be missing something.

EDIT

Im running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with SP1. My phone is the HTC Thunderbolt on Verizon. 

500 Posts

Hi all,

Please check if NLA is ON your PC. You can turn it OFF on PC and then try to connect again
Start > right click on Computer > Properties > Remote Settings > Under Remote Tab check if "Allow Connections from computers running ANY version.. (less secure) is checked

925 Posts

HI, Are you able to do a manual rdp connection to this desktop? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

Question What is NLA 

Quote Originally Posted by lana View Post

Hi all,

I am new to Pocket Cloud and am trying to get it set up. Could someone help me? I am using Android Captivate + WinXP Pro + Version 1.2.108. What is NLA?

925 Posts

August 10th, 2015 00:00

Thank you for your feedback Rancherpete! We will update the documents to reflect your input ! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi rancherpete, please install our latest mac companion . This will give you some additional benefits. you will no longer need to do any port forwarding.
1. Connect to gooogle service on you desktop usign this companion
2. connect to the same service on yoru mobile-settigns
3. your computer will be automatically detected.

Thank you! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi Rosalia, 
Are you on 3g or wifi?
Manual or auto?
rdp or vnc?
Can you connect to this desktop from a desktop rdp or vnc client? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!