Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M2

July 29th, 2015 06:00

pointer missing

pointer missing

One day it was there and now it is gone. I can still open stuff up but the mouse/pointer is gone. How do I get it back?

500 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 21:00

Go to Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > select PocketCloud > click Force Stop.
Then launch PocketCloud again and connect to your machine

August 6th, 2015 21:00

I had the same problem! 

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post

Go to Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > select PocketCloud > click Force Stop.
But if that is a bug shouldn't that have been fixed?

And i say if, because instead of the pointer I saw zoom in and out buttons - sort of suggested it had fallen into another mode?

1.3K Posts

August 9th, 2015 20:00

Does your device have a menu button? Some devices the touch pointer is not displayed by default. If your device has a menu button, you should be able to press that to launch the menu where you can enable the touch pointer. You can also 2 finger tap the screen to enable the touch pointer if your device supports multi-touch gestures. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

2 Posts

August 9th, 2015 21:00

Josh,

Thanks for the reply. 

In fact, yes I did have both free and pro versions installed. I used the upgrade link from the free version and hadn't realized that it didn't install on top of or uninstall the free version. 

I removed the free version and my first test suddenly showed my pointer again. Awesome!

If it disappears again after further testing I'll let you know, but initially it looks like you hit a bullseye. Nice work! 

Thanks for the help.

2 Posts

Similar issues

Also running a Transformer Prime, ICS 4.0.3. ASUS just pushed out some updates the other day and I didn't connect that with the loss of the touch pointer until a previous poster mentioned it. I had noticed that sometimes the pointer would be there and other times not, but now it's never available.

I tried force closing it, but I don't have a very clean way of doing that Settings->Apps->Running->Wyse->Stop doesn't seem to do much.

I'd like to use the touch pad or a USB mouse, but the right-click doesn't seem to be reliable on either, so the Touch Pointer has been key.

Love the app, hoping for a fix. Thanks!

Same issue here 

The pointer seems to only work the first time that I use the app after a hard reboot of the device. I have killed the app in "task manager" which doesn't seem to have any effect.

No "hard" menu button. Have a soft menu button that appears occasionally in PocketCloud. When it does appear, I can activate the mouse option. Usually, the menu option is not there.

ASUS Transformer Prime, ICS 4.0.3

This also occurred prior to the recent ICS update. It's just getting more annoying since I am using the app more frequently.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-R

Similar experience

Same thing happened to me. Sony Tablet S, Android version 3.2.1. One day my mouse pointer disappeared. The VNC computer's mouse was still there, but the PocketCloud "surround" mouse poiunter was gone. If I tried to move the mouse around the screen, the entire screen moved instead, and zoom buttons would appear. I tried force stopping, rebooting, turning my tablet off completely, deleting the PC in Pocketcloud and re-adding it, two finger tap, three finger tap, four finger tap. Nothing worked. 

I finally tried uninstalling Pocketcloud entirely and reinstalling it. That finally restored the mouse pointer. Here's hoping it won't disappear again.

1.3K Posts

The best way to force stop the application is pretty much what you are doing already: Settings > Apps > (downloaded) PocketCloud > Force Stop

I have the same device here (Transformer Prime with ICS 4.0.3) and I have not seen the missing pointer issue once in all of my testing with it. I am curious what could be causing this to happen...

Do you possibly have the Free and Pro versions of PocketCloud installed on your device? 

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Do you have any 3rd party task manager applications installed? Do you have any bluetooth devices actively paired with the device when you are seeing this behavior? It is very interesting that you are seeing the soft menu button show occasionally. Do you notice any other UI changes when you are seeing this? 

Josh Maurer

500 Posts

Hi everybody,
On devices with 4.0 ICS please confirm "Force GPU Rendering" in developers option, make sure the check box is unchecked.
It could interfere with Touch Pointer

1.3K Posts

Are you using any kind of 3rd party task manager or anything on the device? Does the touch pointer disappear after you are connected or did it just not show up when you first connected? 

Josh Maurer

August 9th, 2015 22:00

Hi,
I ve a same problem .The pointer is missing .
I applicate Originally Posted by Lana

I use staraddict 
release of android is :2.3.5
I use pocketcloud pro release 1.2.280
please help me !

August 9th, 2015 23:00

HI, 
When i use menu button , touch pointer is not activate.
My staraddict have task manager ( gest des taches release alpha 0.1) .I think that startaddict task manager is incompatble with touch pointer?
What can i do?
Can i download a new task manager?
It's possible ,what's task recommend manager ?

1.3K Posts

Does the touch pointer show if you enable it using the menu button?

A 3rd party task manager would be a application like Smart Taskbar or ES Task Manager. 

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Are you using a automatic or manual connection?

Josh Maurer

No Events found!