Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

July 29th, 2015 05:00

Bluetooth Keyboard stops working after ap switching (multi-tasking)

Unhappy Bluetooth Keyboard stops working after ap switching (multi-tasking)

Pocketcloud bluetooth keyboard support is awesome, but when multitasking on iOS (switching to another app and then switching back) the blue keyboard drops out. The bluetooth keyboard keys don't send to the app, but the onscreen keyboard doesn't come up either so you can't type.

The only work around is disconnect and the reconnect.

This applies to both VNC & RDP
iPad 2
iOS 7

August 2nd, 2015 05:00

thanks.

The keyboard is the "Logitech Ultra Thin Keyboard Cover"
http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/produc...over?crid=1325
The keyboard messes up after only a few seconds of pocketcloud being suspended while using other apps
The remote session is still active when I return to the app
Using a manual connection
Connecting to a macbook 4,1 and dell vostro 1720 laptop

1.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2015 05:00

What bluetooth keyboard are you using specifically? How much time are you spending with PocketCloud suspended and using other apps? Is the remote session still active when you return to the app (can you open new windows, etc)? 

What version of the application are you using? Are you using a manual or auto-discovered connection? If you are using auto-discovery, what version of the companion software do you have installed? 

What type of computer are you connecting to?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 03:00

Interesting. 

What version of OSX is the Macbook running? What version of Windows is the Dell Vostro using?

Are you seeing the keyboard lose connectivity while using any other applications besides PocketCloud?

What iOS firmware is being used on both of the devices you are seeing this on?

So far I have not been able to reproduce the issue with manual or auto-discovered connections, VNC or RDP, mac or windows. I am using another logitec keyboard (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...ndroid-win8-rt) and it is not dropping the bluetooth connection when multi-tasking.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

August 10th, 2015 03:00

Hi.

I am currently using my Apple bluetooth wireless keyboard connected through the Wyse Pocketcloud client in my corporate network and three times within 10 minutes I've had to reconnect my session. Yesterday without using the Apple bluetooth keyboard my session lasted, uninterrupted, for at least 30 minutes. Is this common behavior when using the Pocketcloud on a iPad with a wireless keyboard?

I am using an Apple iPad 2 runing iOS 7.1 , running the latest version of the Pocketcloud app, with the aforementioned keyboard.

No Events found!