Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

July 29th, 2015 22:00

Client screen garbage/artifacts

Client screen garbage/artifacts

Hi,

I'm expiriencing a lot of screen artifacts/garbage when using the vnc part of wyse pocket client (latest version) against my mandriva 2010.2 installation. This occurs on both iPhone 4 and iPad.
VNC server version is "x11vnc: 0.9.9 lastmod: 2009-12-21".
VNC server works perfect through issh VNC client on both iPhone 4 and iPad.
You can see a snapshot of my desktop here:

Mandriva runs compiz which tends to cause problems, but disabling this doesn't solve the problem. Which is the same for lowering the desktop resolution.
Windows RDP works perfectly.

Hope you can help me.

623 Posts

August 1st, 2015 21:00

Flemming,
Currently pockectCloud is only supported and tested in Windows (RDP, VNC, View) and MAC (VNC) only. I will pass this information to the developers. Thank you for the input.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

544 Posts

August 1st, 2015 21:00

This issue was solved with the release of our updated Mac Companion application. Please download 1.0.25s from here:http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...20Downloads%29.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

544 Posts

August 5th, 2015 03:00

Oh, my mistake, I didn't know you were running Linux. On OS X we use the built in VNC server that is packaged with the OS. On Windows Home Editions we use TightVNC.

-Chris

2 Posts

August 5th, 2015 03:00

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your response.

Not sure what I can use the Mac companion client for, as I'm running Linux. 
As far as I can read, you don't support the VNC server for Linux right ?
Could you tell me which kind of VNC server implementation you are using in the companion installation (tightVNC, realVNC, ultraVNC, etc. ?)

No Events found!