Entering Gmail Credentials Crashes Pocket Cloud on Ipad
I have been trying to set up my auto discover settings on my ipad. I go and enter my gmail account and password. When I press the sign in button it completely closes/crashes Pocketcloud. I get no error message and I have to restart pocketcloud.
I have verified I am entering the correct credentials as I have entered them on the companion pc successfully.
I have removed the pocketcloud app off the ipad and redownloaded and installed it. I still get the same results.
We would like to know some more details about your environment as we failed to simulate the issue in our environment
1. Are you using 3G/Wi-Fi ?
2. Is there any type of special characters in your email id?
3. For testing purpose can you try any other gmail id?
I have just bought this App for my iphone 4 and tried to connect my Windows 7 PC. I've entered my Google info on the PC and the iPhone app, it shows the PC on the app. I try to then connect and a box flashes up with "RDP Session Disconnected", and then usually just crashes. What am I doing wrong? not very happy with my £8.99 investment so far!!!!
Hi Andy. PocketCloud supports Home Editions but you need to install a VNC Server on your machine. I recommend you download tightvnc: http://www.tightvnc.com/download.php
We'll try to simplify the setup instructions based on your feedback. To summarize:
1) Install TightVNC on your machine (the setup will ask you for a VNC Password)
2) Install the PocketCloud Windows Companion and sign in with your Gmail (This is so you can easily connect when you are on different networks)
3) Run the PocketCloud Diagnostics from the Windows Companion to ensure that everything is setup correctly
4) On your iPad/iPhone: Enter your Gmail credentials. Expected Result: Your PC should be discovered
5) Login form your iPad/iPhone using the same VNC password
Please let us know if this helped.
Wyse PocketCloud Team
Im in the same situation, I thought It was going t be an easy install and now Im stuck trying to solve this problem.
Im using Ipad. wifi, windows 7 home edition. Install tightvnc, gmail. I ran diagnostics evrything is ok. But when I tried to connect using Ipad it reads " unable to connect to server"
Please help, this is so frustrating ...
My appologies: I forgot one important step required with TightVNC.
On TightVNC do the following:
1) You should have a TightVNC icon on your taskbar. Right Click on it and select "Configuration"
2) Go to the Access Control Tab
3) Click on "Allow loopback connections"
Wyse PocketCloud Team