Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

WZ

July 31st, 2015 23:00

Ipad keyboard different language

Ipad keyboard different language

Hi,

When i use pocketcloud as rdp-client to our servers, i notice strange things about the keyboard.
Default my keyboard of the ipad is in azerty, my server also is in azerty. But when i type "a" pocketcloud translates this to "q".
When i change my keyboard on the ipad to qwerty, then when i type "q" pocketcloud translates this to "a".

Can you give me any hint ?

Br
Werner

925 Posts

August 6th, 2015 03:00

what is your chosen language on ipad and desktop? Does the querty layout/ desktop querty works for you? Thanks for your feedback.

August 6th, 2015 03:00

The server is in azerty. I can't change this because several other persons work on this server.

Br,
Werner

925 Posts

August 11th, 2015 10:00

I chose french (azerty layout) on my desktop . I could not reproduce somehow on a notepad.. when I type 'a I see a and q when I type q...
my ipad keyboard layout is azerty and language french..

925 Posts

August 12th, 2015 07:00

what is your operating system on the desktop and the language chosen?

August 12th, 2015 07:00

Azerty and Qwerty keyboard

Hi,
I have exactly The same problème as Werner.
The iPad is In French layout and French azerty keyboard configuration.
The Windows server 2003 I watt to access in RDP is in French keyboard.
When I type "a" on iPad or iPhone, I receive a "q" on the desktop.
I was using before the Jaadu RDP software on iPhone and it was working well with the same configuration and without any keyboard issue.
I was searching for a equivalent software because Jaadu RDP is not on iPad, that's the reason I have bought Wyse Cloud but the consequence of the keyboard issue is that the software cannot be used.

Thank you for a support for French users and hope to have a quick upgrade provided by Wyse Support.

JLD

200 Posts

August 12th, 2015 08:00

Version 2.0.7 is now available and addresses some of these issues.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1.3K Posts

That is correct. Mac VNC connections only support English. Unfortunately this is a limitation of the protocol and not our application.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1 Message

if u're using AZERTY, then maybe the lanugage setting is supposed to be on French, QWERTY is english so, u'd have to change it back to french..

open control panel and go to Regional and Language Options. From there click the "Languages" tab, then "Details". In the middle screen, you have "Installed services"... highlight "Keyboard" and ensure that the language shown in the top box ("Default input language") is showing French....

to get it to qwerty again, then english should be selected using the above procedure....

definitely go to the source listed below for more information

hope this helped

===>iPad case with keyboard

200 Posts

You are correct, unfortunately there are still some issues that will need to be resolved in an upcoming maintanance release.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

2 Posts

I can confirm this issue. i have entere in the connections options a German Keyboard Layout and wen I Open a RDP Session, there is an English Keyboard (with Change z and y )

I've commented this elsewhere but the only solution to this I have found in Mac machines is to set both the local iPad and the remote keyboard to English.

International Keyboard Issue not solved

I have tested your last update in which you say that the international keyboard issue is solved. In fact when I type a "a" on the iPad I receive correctly a "a" on the remote computer but the problem is not completely solved.
The mapping of the french azerty keyboard is not correct especially for the spécial character like , . ' ! , ? ( & ; and all the numbers. It seems like the ASCII table is not set correctly for all the keyboard.
Thank you for your answer and hope you will find a quick solution.
Best regards
JLD

925 Posts

we have been able to reproduce it. we are working actively on the solution. Thank you for your valuable feedback!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!