Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V2

August 4th, 2015 07:00

Issues with Pocket Cloud and Open VPN

Exclamation Issues with Pocket Cloud and Open VPN

I am running Pocked Cloud Pro on both an iPhone 5 and iPad 2. I have an Open VPN client connecting to our server. I can connect and it works for about 1 or 2 minutes, then it just stops. I can see the screen and pan around, but I cannot click on anything. Someone else in our company uses iTeleport with the Open VPN client and he says it's working fine for him. Any ideas why it would not with Pocket Cloud?

Jesse

1.3K Posts

Jesse, is it possible that someone is signing into your remote computer and that is causing you to disconnect? 

Are you connecting over 3G/4G or wifi when you are experiencing this behavior? 

Are you using auto-discovery or a manual connection? If you are using auto-discovery, what version of the companion software are you using?

Are you using VNC or RDP?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No, that is not possible that someone else is logging in and kicking me out. It always happens in the same time frame, and I know that no one else is logging in.

I've tried both 3G/4G (on my pone) and wireless (my local network), same results.

I do not believe I'm using Auto Discovery. In the setup for a host I have specified the IP address of the host. I don't see a setting anywhere labeled "auto-discovery".

I'm using RDP.

Jesse

August 4th, 2015 08:00

If it were AV or Firwall issues, I'd think they would stop me right out of the shoot.

We may have found the problem. I was connecting to Open VPN using the same user name and password from multiple devices. We changed that setting on the firewall and so far I have not had issues. Frankly, I have looked around for other RDP apps to use in iPhone and iPad as well and found a couple that reacted better t the situation, but I think the multi-device connection could have been the issue.

1.3K Posts

August 4th, 2015 08:00

Jesse, is there any kind of anti-virus or firewall applications on your remote computer that could be disconnecting you? Please make sure what remote connections are allowed in those programs. 

You could also try installing the PC client for auto-discovery to see if you experience the same behavior. You can download the PC client here:
https://appservices.wyse.com/pages/s...20Downloads%29

After installing the PC client, log into auto-discovery in PocketCloud and see if you experience the same behavior.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 07:00

Good to hear and sometimes AV and firewall apps can catch things after the connection is established. Please let me know if you have anymore issues.

Josh Maurer

No Events found!