Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

July 30th, 2015 02:00

Log on to Windows XP

Log on to Windows XP

Hi, forum. I just downloaded the free Pocket Cloud application for my iPhone 3G, OS 4.2.1 yesterday. I tried installing the companion on my laptop which runs Windows 7, but it said that, since my laptop was running 64-bit, I couldn't install it, so I installed it on my desktop that runs XP.
After I signed into my Gmail account, it found my computer, and I clicked on it. But, then I got this window asking me to log onto windows XP with a user name and password. I don't know which password and user name it's talking about. None of my user accounts have one and I don't remember ever setting them up.
I'm new to all this stuff. I was wondering if someone could help me out. Please and thank you, forum.

544 Posts

August 1st, 2015 23:00

Are you running Windows XP Home or Pro?

If it is Pro then follow these steps:
1) Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
2) Open "Computer Management".
3) Click on "Local Users and Groups".
4) Click on "Users".
5) Right click on your account name and select "Set Password".

You will use that username and password to login to your computer from the PocketCloud app. Usually the username is "Administrator" but you will see for sure once you follow the steps above.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

544 Posts

August 6th, 2015 04:00

There is a big difference. Please go to Start > Control Panel > System to find out what version it is.

Thanks,

Chris

August 6th, 2015 04:00

Um, I'm honestly not sure which XP I'm running. What's the difference? I think it's home.

No Events found!